Author Topic: Settlement (Very Alpha)  (Read 791 times)

Offline Zetaeta

• Minecraft junkie
  • Terra Mysticat
Settlement (Very Alpha)
« on: May 06, 2012, 04:15:19 PM »
So, for the last few weeks I have been developing a new towns plugin: Settlement. The idea is to be similar to Towny, only better :P
It is currently in its very early stages, where the basic features just about work. Currently, you can create and edit settlements, claim land, invite players and similar basic things. Players not in a settlement may not break or place blocks in their land. I have put it on Build for testing, but I'm sure it is riddled with errors. If any of you notice any errors or problems in the plugin, please report them here so I can fix them. This includes both errors in the plugin, e.g. commands not working, players being able to bypass protection etc.; and problems with the UI e.g. Missing or confusing information in the help menus, improperly or inconsistently formatted text. Also, if you have any suggestions for features in the plugin, or any improvements to the UI (I'm sure the colours etc. in the info and help pages look awful :P) please also post them here.
For now, I am too busy/lazy to make a list of commands here, so use the in-game /settlement help [page number] and /settlement usage [command] for help.

Offline Zetaeta

• Minecraft junkie
  • Terra Mysticat
Re: Settlement (Very Alpha)
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 04:18:47 PM »
Also, if any programmers want to look at the source and maybe help, it's here.

Offline xlr20ice

• Minecraft junkie
  • Stop looking at this text! It's personal.....
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 05:53:18 PM »
Who needs bukkit? We got a Zeta!
What is forever remembered never dies!

Offline Maty630

• Minecraft junkie
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 06:13:08 PM »
Maybe you could add in ownership, like in the factions plugin, just invade someone gets banned on pvp or something and go's to ruin their town by griefing other people in their towns houses, just a suggestion

Offline iRuShxaSSaSSin

• Admin
  • Minecraft junkie
  • Oh Herro! Like my kinky nips?
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 10:25:54 PM »
:D yay Daniel I have been wating to see if you were able to make this sort of plugin for ages (never doubted you :P <3) I have an almost complete design in the range of commands and different things for a better version of factions that you might like to try?
[INFO] WorldEdit: iRuShxaSSaSSin (in "build_main"): /set 0 - Region: (-3000.0, 0.0, -3000.0) - (3000.0, 100.0, 3000.0)

Offline SuperArashi90

• Minecraft junkie
  • All fired up...
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 02:08:56 AM »
Is this for Build or PVP style servers only? Both?

If it is for PVP also, I really liked the f owner command, but I want it so that non-faction mods cannot use the redstone devices (ie: I can lock the noobs out of my castle and have a button to get in that only f mods can use) XD

Good work Zeta, keep it up :)

Offline iRuShxaSSaSSin

• Admin
  • Minecraft junkie
  • Oh Herro! Like my kinky nips?
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 02:21:20 AM »
In my one i designed it works like that arashi ;)
[INFO] WorldEdit: iRuShxaSSaSSin (in "build_main"): /set 0 - Region: (-3000.0, 0.0, -3000.0) - (3000.0, 100.0, 3000.0)

Offline SuperArashi90

• Minecraft junkie
  • All fired up...
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 04:22:11 AM »
In my one i designed it works like that arashi ;)

Offline Zetaeta

• Minecraft junkie
  • Terra Mysticat
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2012, 07:01:03 AM »

If it is for PVP also, I really liked the f owner command, but I want it so that non-faction mods cannot use the redstone devices (ie: I can lock the noobs out of my castle and have a button to get in that only f mods can use) XD

It's for Build, but I may add pvpey features in future. There's still a lot to do.

Offline SuperArashi90

• Minecraft junkie
  • All fired up...
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2012, 09:38:25 AM »

It's for Build, but I may add pvpey features in future. There's still a lot to do.

It would be most useful with regards to what I keep bugging you about over PM... especially if you could manufacture it so that plots can be captured without requiring the neighboring plot to be taken if it is only 1 isolated enemy plot.

IE:

0 0 0
0 X 0
0 0 0

If 0 = world guarded land, owned by no faction and X = enemy faction land.

Could you make it so that the middle plot could be captured? See what I am saying? Factions wouldn't allow you to do this I believe.

Offline shawnallday130

• Minecraft Newbie
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2012, 11:42:25 PM »
Vanilla ftw

Offline Maty630

• Minecraft junkie
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2012, 12:15:54 PM »
Vanilla ftw
Pointless post is pointless, if you have nothing good to say, say nothing

Offline TERMIN8Rversion2