Author Topic: Survival of the imaginative!  (Read 1572 times)

Offline lolotron

• Minecraft junkie
  • forget it on reddit
Re: Survival of the imaginative!
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2012, 06:59:18 PM »
but all of a sudden, my personal magician bursts into the room and forces you to gangnam style off a cliff
After seeing an episode of the simpsons that sounds rather familiar to that, I was ready for that cunning trick and had readied my pet nazgul, Fluff, to pick me up. Disposing of your puny magician after rising from the deep.

Offline Maty630

• Minecraft junkie
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2012, 07:46:41 PM »
but then i raised three Balrog's and they completely vanquish you

Offline SuperArashi90

• Minecraft junkie
  • All fired up...
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2012, 08:07:40 PM »
After seeing an episode of the simpsons that sounds rather familiar to that, I was ready for that cunning trick and had readied my pet nazgul, Fluff, to pick me up. Disposing of your puny magician after rising from the deep.

but then i raised three Balrog's and they completely vanquish you

As one of the oldest members of MadGaming, I send you both to your bedrooms without dinner for not following the procedure of the topic.

I also turn off the fuse box to your bedroom - so no PC, TV/Xbox/PS3 :p

Your bedroom is on the 2nd floor of the house, your window opens but to do it you have to remove the black mesh insect stopper thing. Below your window, it's mostly concrete, 8m down. The garage is about 6 meters away and 4 meters tall, tiled with shingles.

Hint #1: Tell me exactly how far you have to jump (either to land on the garage roof or to hang off the edge and drop down) (hint 2: a? + b? = c?)... or you fail automatically as being able to judge distances is important to your escape!

Hint #3: Tell me what you need to wear to escape from this dastardly trap... you can't jump outside in bare feet or just socks... this guy wouldn't:

Have fun :p

Offline zX_BEN_Xz

• Minecraft junkie
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2012, 08:30:16 PM »
Pythagoras theorem!

a? + b? = c?
8?+6? = c?
64 + 36 = c?
100? = c
c = 10

You have to jump 10m (I think :P)
Tear the black mesh in half and tie each half on your feet to make sure you don't cut them.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 08:33:05 PM by zX_BEN_Xz »

Offline SuperArashi90

• Minecraft junkie
  • All fired up...
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2012, 08:36:49 PM »
Pythagoras theorem!

a? + b? = c?
8?+6? = c?
64 + 36 = c?
100? = c
c = 10

You have to jump 10m (I think :P)
Tear the black mesh in half and tie each half on your feet to make sure you don't cut them.

I'm sorry, I have to fail you.

This is survival of the imaginative, while I appreciate the imagination in cutting up the netting - aren't there any shoes in your bedroom? I think for this you would need them... plus as your dad: "YOU DID WHAT TO THE THING OVER YOUR WINDOW?!?!"

Also, your math was incorrect for the question (You did the equation right but you have the wrong numbers).

Offline Alinchicken6

• Minecraft junkie
  • Scaredy Chicken
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2012, 09:13:09 PM »
Damn you Alex!! You're making me do math during my vacation :P
Now for the problem...
a? + b? = c?
4?+6? = c?
16 + 36 = c?
√52 = c?
c = 7.2 m
After putting on some shoes with a thick sole and a good rubber grip. I open the window and the mesh net thingy which is on hinges (no need to cut it). I then proceed to jumping out the window, making sure you are asleep and then sneak in through the back door and poison all the food in the fridge.

Now the next person will have to deal with having his food poisoned without knowing until he has already taken a bite.

Offline SuperArashi90

• Minecraft junkie
  • All fired up...
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2012, 11:17:19 PM »
Damn you Alex!! You're making me do math during my vacation :P
Now for the problem...
a? + b? = c?
4?+6? = c?
16 + 36 = c?
√52 = c?
c = 7.2 m
After putting on some shoes with a thick sole and a good rubber grip. I open the window and the mesh net thingy which is on hinges (no need to cut it). I then proceed to jumping out the window, making sure you are asleep and then sneak in through the back door and poison all the food in the fridge.

Now the next person will have to deal with having his food poisoned without knowing until he has already taken a bite.

Not bad - but don't forget the garage is tiled with shingles - assuming you are going to be grabbing onto it and dropping off (not leaping onto it) - you would likely need some gloves too ;) Also: what kind of poisoning... slow, fast - rat, radioactive?

Offline lolotron

• Minecraft junkie
  • forget it on reddit
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2012, 11:33:57 PM »
I ponder on how to escape.
After much thought I come to the conclusion I need a modified Mattress, some coca cola, a party bag of Oreos (brain food), a Jamaican bobsled team jumpsuit and my self tying Nikes from my buddy Marty McFly.

I set to work, after hauling my modified mattress out my large window after cutting the silly mesh with my scissors. I set it down on the cold tiles.
I reach for my trusty bottle of motor oil and spew the contents all over the roof to act as a lubricant for my mattress on the coarse tiles.

Using my mattress as a sled, I slide down the side of my roof (I'm in the attic) with tremendous speed, the motor oil worked well, and sail silently off the side of my house.

I simultaneously triggering a massive clump of fireworks I had prepared earlier directly below me, the fireworks fly in the underbody of my mattress sled and propel me upwards. A large smoke cloud obscures my vision for a split second.

My target is in sight, the black waste bags are roughly ten metres away.

The smoke clears as I power upwards through the smoke.
I gaze for a split second at the wonderful full moon before gliding down to Earth after deploying my Buzz Lightyear wings that are attached to my mattress sled, landing on top of the pile of black waste bags outside the front door.

I slink silently around to the back of my house and sneak through the unlocked door and turn on the internet modem. Set for the night, I grab some supplies from the fridge and head upstairs.

Realising I needed to do some Maths, I quickly draw up a grid of 1x tables in my copy.

1x1 = 1
2x1 = 2
3x1 = 3
4x1 = 4
5x1 = 5
6x1 = 6
7x1 = 7
8x1 = 8
9x1 = 9
10x1 = 10
11x1 = 11
12x1 = 12.

edit: christ, I was a silly boy and didn't read Arashis post fully, now I am left editing a completely wrong story, I think I deserved the punishment  :'(
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 11:38:05 PM by lolotron »

anything