Author Topic: First Wireless Implanted Brain-Computer Device...  (Read 185 times)

Offline SuperArashi90

• Minecraft junkie
  • All fired up...
First Wireless Implanted Brain-Computer Device...
« on: March 05, 2013, 01:17:56 PM »

Researchers at Brown University have succeeded in creating the first wireless, implantable, rechargeable, long-term brain-computer interface. The wireless BCIs have been implanted in pigs and monkeys for over 13 months without issue, and human subjects are next.

Sure, cause 13 months is JUST enough to know how it will affect humans who are implanted with this technology from the ages of 8 to 80!!!

I'm pretty sure they tested those pills that make you sick instead of better on animals for around that same amount of time! (Which pills you ask? Take a look for yourself: http://www.google.ca/#hl=en&q=Pharmaceutical+field+test+proved+wrong&sa=X&ei=2_A1UamJKsXjrAHkuIC4BA&ved=0CCsQ7xYoAA&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=7fb9a64a45e22bb4&biw=1280&bih=868)

Inside there?s a li-ion battery, an inductive (wireless) charging loop, a chip that digitizes the signals from your brain, and an antenna for transmitting those neural spikes to a nearby computer. The BCI is connected to a small chip with 100 electrodes protruding from it, which, in this study, was embedded in the somatosensory cortex or motor cortex. These 100 electrodes produce a lot of data, which the BCI transmits at 24Mbps over the 3.2 and 3.8GHz bands to a receiver that is one meter away. The BCI?s battery takes two hours to charge via wireless inductive charging, and then has enough juice to last for six hours of use.

Omg, if I don't get chipped, I won't be cool in 2014!!!!!

Fucking hell people, grow a brain of your own and stop having your opinions implanted in you...

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/149879-brown-university-creates-first-wireless-implanted-brain-computer-interface

Edit: I haven't owned a Cellphone since 2007... and I don't miss it AT ALL, not for one second (hand on my life) - you don't have to be cool... to exist.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 01:28:59 PM by SuperArashi90 »

Offline Maty630

• Minecraft junkie

anything
anything
anything
anything