Author Topic: Cant login to the server  (Read 432 times)

Offline 99ways2die

• Minecraft Newbie
Cant login to the server
« on: March 21, 2013, 01:44:32 AM »
Hello, Ive been trying to login to the server for 2 days now, and it says it cant reach the server. I sometimes get the error below or it just says it timed out. I know the server was up when tried to login as my friends on skype were playing on it.I've tried using the add server option and the direct connect option, both with the same results. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated :)

java.net.SocketExeption: Host is Down

Offline TheRogueHunter

• Admin
  • Minecraft junkie
  • Number one complaint maker!
Re: Cant login to the server
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 09:06:13 AM »
Usually when I get that error it's because my internet is bad. Did you try switching off your modem for 2 minutes and switching it back on?

Offline TheRogueHunter

• Admin
  • Minecraft junkie
  • Number one complaint maker!
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 09:15:53 AM »
Ok, I found a couple of other peoples solutions on the internet. Most of them seem to have this problem with eu servers funnily enough. These worked for some people.

-Un-install  Hamachi
or
-Re-Install Minecraft and Java
or
-Apparently some Hack clients clash with some servers, so delete them (hopefully this one is not the case for you)

Offline TheMadMan697

• SuperAdmin
  • Minecraft junkie
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 03:19:03 PM »
It does sound like it might be hamachi alright. Make sure you either uninstall hamachi or update it to the latest version if you have it installed. The old version was causing connection problems to our server because of conflicting addresses.

Can you try ping the server address "mc.madgaming.eu" to see if you get a response. That way we can see if you can actually reach the server.

anything