Author Topic: PC Boost?  (Read 538 times)

Offline VanGuard567

• Minecraft Star
PC Boost?
« on: March 28, 2013, 06:06:41 PM »
Hi guys, my computer has started getting really slow recently. Like when im in game in minecraft it starts freezing etc. Do i need to update my drivers or something? If any1 has any idea of how i can boost my pc please post it! :)

Offline zX_BEN_Xz

• Minecraft junkie
Re: PC Boost?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 12:24:20 AM »
The easiest thing you could do is re-install your operating system, most PCs have a menu you can load when you boot your PC. You can usually access this menu by pressing one of the function keys, for example on a Dell computer it would be F8.

Once there you can usually restore your PC back to its factory state. If you have things you want to keep you could store them on a external hard drive, a memory stick, etc. If you don't have one of these you could upload the things you need to a website.

If you don't want to do this tell me, I can give you a list of what to do.

Offline bud35

• Minecraft junkie
  • I LOVE LICKING BIG PENIS'S IN MY BUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 08:38:42 AM »
The easiest thing you could do is re-install your operating system, most PCs have a menu you can load when you boot your PC. You can usually access this menu by pressing one of the function keys, for example on a Dell computer it would be F8.

Once there you can usually restore your PC back to its factory state. If you have things you want to keep you could store them on a external hard drive, a memory stick, etc. If you don't have one of these you could upload the things you need to a website.

If you don't want to do this tell me, I can give you a list of what to do.

Do you lose your pictures/videos? If so can you give me a list to what can I do to keep them. My laptop is getting a small bit slower then it used to be.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 08:41:37 AM by bud35 »

Offline zX_BEN_Xz

• Minecraft junkie
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 12:19:24 AM »

Offline chetan8905

• Minecraft Newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 04:48:55 PM »
Just adding one thing (even though I'm no expert): If you're computer is about 4 years old, you should upgrade (especially if it's a laptop).

I suggest that you build/buy a desktop, unless you need to have a laptop

Desktops have numerous advantages, and one of them is the cooling.

If you're on a budget, you should use AMD (I'm not an AMD fan, Intel people). If you're in the US, then you should be able to get something good for $500. Google: Build a speedy Windows 8 PC for under $500, and click on the first result. I suggest you modify the mobo to a socket FM2 one, and also get like an AMD A8 5600K APU, with a ATI Radeon HD 6670, or 6570 (use dual graphics). You can also keep it on socket FM1, it's not bad either. Mine is Socket FM1. You can OC (overclock) these by the way, but not too much. I get BSODs on a 17x multiplier.

I believe you need to take an OEM version of Windows 8 if you're building you're own desktop. (well, I may be wrong, but that's what I did)

You can also do an Intel build if you're not on a tight budget.

I don't build laptops so I'm not great in that area. But if you wanted something like that in a laptop it would cost about $1250, I would say.

Otherwise, you can try doing everything Ben said, and also note that Windows 8 is substantially faster compared to Windows 7, which may help you.

I'm not an expert on prices in the US, as I don't live there - but that's what I can say.

anything
anything