Author Topic: Xbox 720!  (Read 4590 times)

Offline zX_BEN_Xz

• Minecraft junkie
Re: Xbox 720!
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2013, 03:11:51 PM »
I don't see where Microsoft are getting the extra ?100 from, in terms of hardware the PlayStation 4 is much better than the Xbox one so it is not hardware wise. Microsoft have really made a mess of the new Xbox, I would recommend a PlayStation 4.

Processor:: But consoles have roughly the same CPU but there is differences, the processor is the x86-64 AMD "Jaguar", which has 8 cores. The Xbox's CPU is clocked at 2GHz whereas the PlayStation's is clocked at 2.2GHz. This gives the PS4 an advantage as it will perform calculations faster.

Graphics Card: Both consoles use a custom AMD GPU. The PS4 version has 1152 GPU cores and 18 CUs generating 1.84 teraflops of processing power, while the Xbox one has only 768 GPU cores and 12 CUs generating around 1.24 teraflops of processing power. The PlayStation's graphics card is roughly 50% more powerful than the Xbox's. This gives the PS4 a significant advantage.

RAM: Both consoles have 8GB RAM, there is a difference. The PS4 uses DDR5 memory and the Xbox uses DDR3. They both have unified memory, meaning both the CPU and GPU share the memory. The PS4 has a bandwidth of 176 GB/s compared to the Xbox's 68.3 GB/s (Memory bandwidth is the rate at which data can be read from or stored into a semiconductor memory by a processor) DDR5 memory allows much much more information to be processed by the CPU and GPU on the PS4. The Xbox tries to somehow compensate for this with 32Mb of eSRAM, but this will both make the system harder to explore and optimize and not nearly match the PS4. The Xbox uses 3 operating systems with 3GB of RAM reserved for them, the Xbox only has 5GB RAM available for games whereas the PS4 has 7GB available for games. The PS4 has a huge advantage here over the Xbox

Hard drive: Both consoles come with 500GB HDDs, you're able to upgrade the PS4's whereas you can't on the Xbox. The PS4 has an advantage here.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 10:40:07 AM by zX_BEN_Xz »

Offline masterelias706

• Minecraft junkie
  • Maker of shit memes
« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2013, 05:18:30 PM »
Have you heard about the "planified obsolescence"? it started with apple and the first ipod when the lifetime of an ipod was 2 years( which is the time of the warranty) the ipod 1 get broken after 2 years and apple reduced his lifetime so you buy an ipod again... what a shame when you think that apple send the broken ipods  on some beaches of africa or india...

Offline diskursen

• Minecraft junkie
  • Israel <3
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2013, 05:53:18 PM »
Xbox is shit, but ps4
She wants to taste my sugarcane

Offline SuperArashi90

• Minecraft junkie
  • All fired up...
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2013, 10:51:43 PM »
Have you heard about the "planified obsolescence"? it started with apple and the first ipod when the lifetime of an ipod was 2 years( which is the time of the warranty) the ipod 1 get broken after 2 years and apple reduced his lifetime so you buy an ipod again... what a shame when you think that apple send the broken ipods  on some beaches of africa or india...

Why yes - actually, I think it began earlier to be honest...

WAYYYY back when I was in Highschool :p (like, 14 years ago), I bought a discman (stfu, there were no ipods and the only Mp3 players were like 256 MB and 200$) - it was the same discman one of my friends had, I bought it cause theirs stood up well to being dropped occasionally, plus it looked cool.

Anyway, bout 3 years later I was listening to Linkin Park (again, stfu) - and the sound went all wonky. The bass completely disappeared!!!! All I could hear was the treble-audio, it sounded bizarre and also, very very cool! I asked my friend if theirs ever did that, they said "yeah, about a year ago" (which is how long before me, they got theirs).

Also - PS2 seemed to do that in some ways - the failures seemed to happen either not at all, or in the same way at the same time since purchase...

Companies are crooked to the bones...

Offline bud35

• Minecraft junkie
  • I LOVE LICKING BIG PENIS'S IN MY BUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2013, 02:26:54 AM »
I didn't want to make a whole new topic on this but here have the trailer of the new PS4 it looks cool and I like what they did to it made it so much nicer and cleaner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1OegYm1dM9g

Offline zX_BEN_Xz

• Minecraft junkie
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2013, 05:16:24 PM »
If you haven't already heard, the Xbox Ones at E3 were PCs using high end NVidia GPUs and Windows. Keep digging yourself a bigger hole Microsoft.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 05:21:38 PM by zX_BEN_Xz »

Offline bud35

• Minecraft junkie
« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2013, 06:06:38 PM »
I don't see where Microsoft are getting the extra ?100 from, in terms of hardware the PlayStation 4 is much better than the Xbox one so it is not hardware wise. Microsoft have really made a mess of the new Xbox, I would recommend a PlayStation 4.

Processor:: But consoles have roughly the same CPU but there is differences, the processor is the x86-64 AMD "Jaguar", which has 8 cores. The Xbox's CPU is clocked at 2GHz whereas the PlayStation's is clocked at 2.2GHz. This gives the PS4 an advantage as it will perform calculations faster.

Graphics Card: Both consoles use a custom AMD GPU. The PS4 version has 1152 GPU cores and 18 CUs generating 1.84 teraflops of processing power, while the Xbox one has only 768 GPU cores and 12 CUs generating around 1.24 teraflops of processing power. The PlayStation's graphics card is roughly 50% more powerful than the Xbox's. This gives the PS4 a significant advantage.

RAM: Both consoles have 8GB RAM, there is a difference. The PS4 uses DDR5 memory and the Xbox uses DDR3. They both have unified memory, meaning both the CPU and GPU share the memory. The PS4 has a bandwidth of 176 GB/s compared to the Xbox's 68.3 GB/s (Memory bandwidth is the rate at which data can be read from or stored into a semiconductor memory by a processor) DDR5 memory allows much much more information to be processed by the CPU and GPU on the PS4. The Xbox tries to somehow compensate for this with 32Mb of eSRAM, but this will both make the system harder to explore and optimize and not nearly match the PS4. The Xbox uses 3 operating systems with 3GB of RAM reserved for them, the Xbox only has 5GB RAM available for games whereas the PS4 has 7GB available for games. The PS4 has a huge advantage here over the Xbox

Hard drive: Both consoles come with 500GB HDDs, you're able to upgrade the PS4's whereas you can't on the Xbox. The PS4 has an advantage here.

Ben the 100 euro or dollars or whatever is because of the bundle (kinetic) they want all xbox one people who are buying them to get them for the future games with the kinetic so kinetic games make more money and developers will do more stuff with kinetic but it still wouldn't happen because people wouldn't even buy the kinetic games so I don't think there idea will be a good one.

Offline FuzzyBiscuitz

• Admin
  • Minecraft junkie
« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2013, 06:12:50 PM »
You do realise that ps4 also used pcs at E3 ;)
Also Microsoft made a new announcement saying they are getting rid of all the crap such as needs to be online once a day or no sharing games etc. all that crap is now gone so it is now very similar to the ps4 so I think I'll change my mind and go back to XBone :P

Offline zX_BEN_Xz

• Minecraft junkie
« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2013, 07:28:54 PM »
According to that article, a developer for PS4/PC/iOS said his game (The witness) was running on the PS4. The reason being is the PS4 is actually optimized and has hardware capable of running games unlike Microsoft's console which isn't optimized or powerful enough to play games such as Battlefield so they used PCs instead of saying they are not ready yet for such games.

Offline bud35

• Minecraft junkie
« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2013, 07:44:23 PM »
You do realise that ps4 also used pcs at E3 ;)
Also Microsoft made a new announcement saying they are getting rid of all the crap such as needs to be online once a day or no sharing games etc. all that crap is now gone so it is now very similar to the ps4 so I think I'll change my mind and go back to XBone :P
Well if you have the money go ahead, I don't have the money and plus I don't trusted Microsoft after the DRM and they only change that because they knew for a fact the PS4 was better and will make more money and have more people supporting them and the PS4 is way different then the PS3 the xbox hasn't changed much but added a few entertaining things that might-en work for some European countries or maybe all European countries, maybe they make it so it does but still I wouldn't like the TV thing because you have to pay way extra money. Buying internet for the PS4 is cheaper and you get games and cool things with it but with the XBOX it cost more and all you get is the internet bit. Have fun with your XBone :)

anything
anything
anything