Author Topic: My city is flooding...  (Read 285 times)

Offline SuperArashi90

• Minecraft junkie
  • All fired up...
My city is flooding...
« on: June 22, 2013, 03:04:05 AM »
This is fucking ridiculous.

Yesterday, I went for a drive and I had heard the river was rising a bit (earlier that day) - when I got to the bridge and went over it, there were dozens of people filming the river - which looked like a muddy torrent... as I passed the park I saw it was totally flooded, with water up to the gutters of some of the utility buildings.

As I drive home, it starts raining again - I drive over the bridge and it's really frightening - the water's touching the bottom of the bridge at this point.

Anyway - this is what today looks like:

All of downtown (including all the offices, financial and industrial headquarters for the oil industry) is flooded - damage is in the billions at this point.

Problem is though, the city has a huge exhibition every year (it's in 2 weeks) - and the entire grounds for it are flooded...

But that's not the worst of it - at this point, the tiny town of Canmore, west of here is completely destroyed.

Normally, the river travels through that tiny hole in the middle of the bridge...

It just won't stop fucking raining...
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 03:18:23 AM by SuperArashi90 »

Offline Jeddity

• Minecraft junkie
  • Oy vey.
Re: My city is flooding...
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 09:54:15 AM »
Better put on your swimming trunks arashi.
"You're honest i'll give you that, honest and stupid"

Offline SuperArashi90

• Minecraft junkie
  • All fired up...
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 11:43:41 AM »

Lol, no need. I live on a huge hill (as does like the other 90% of the population) - only the people near the rivers got ruined. It's odd, it's like 2 worlds in the same small space. One a flooded wasteland, the other, normal every day life.

Offline Troopermatthew

• Admin
  • Minecraft junkie
  • Head Troll
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 12:00:51 PM »
Elbow Drive is a pretty stupid name for anywhere :P

Offline xlr20ice

• Minecraft junkie
  • Stop looking at this text! It's personal.....
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 01:44:28 PM »

Lol, no need. I live on a huge hill (as does like the other 90% of the population) - only the people near the rivers got ruined. It's odd, it's like 2 worlds in the same small space. One a flooded wasteland, the other, normal every day life.

Yeah I get the same thing living by the ocean, everyone else is having a normal rainy day while I can
 hear the waves just down the street. Stay safe.
What is forever remembered never dies!

anything
anything
anything