Author Topic: 1.6 Changes  (Read 4542 times)

Offline iRuShxaSSaSSin

• Admin
  • Minecraft junkie
  • Oh Herro! Like my kinky nips?
1.6 Changes
« on: June 28, 2013, 12:16:39 AM »

With the arrival of Minecraft version 1.6 in just two days we have decided to let you know some of the changes that will be implemented in the new update.

All changes have been carefully discussed amongst the staff and a lot of time has been put into making this what the staff are now calling the ?Madgaming Hardcore Update?!

As rumoured and expected there will be a Map Reset and an amazing new Spawn! This will allow for factions to be built in a way that suits the update and also for brand new horses to spawn in the map! This also includes money and factions being reset.

Creepers are being reactivated but with a few twists. First creeper eggs will never be obtainable by players meaning that all creepers used for raiding will have to be naturally spawned. Also creepers WILL be able to break obsidian although you will have to get them close to it and it will take three explosions.

Withers are being DISABLED! However you can still spawn them to attack your enemies, create your beacons and sell that all important nether star at a nice price in the shops but they will NOT break blocks.

The Map height will also be reduced from the vanilla 256 to 165. This will hopefully reduce the number of sky block bases and also make it that bit harder to protect your base from your enemies.

Fire spread is, for the first time EVER on Madgaming, enabled!  Have you ever wanted to burn your enemies out or destroy their supply of wood? Well now you can! However  it won?t be that easy because you can only use a fire charge in your enemies faction.

Ender Pearls are once again active but with a few custom changes. There will be a 10 second cooldown on the use of an ender pearl and on top of that it will cost you 500 coins everytime you throw one.

There will be a few new plugins added to the server such as the return of lottery, bounty hunter and a new pvp timer. The pvp timer will allow new players 1 hour free from pvp to escape from spawn and start a faction. This can of course be turned off by that player if they wish to start pvping straight away.

With these plugin additions will be MCMMO! However it will be highly configured with things such as combats skills being removed to keep pvp fair and to stop exploits.

Mods+ will be officially allowed to use ONE alt account to allow them to pvp and enjoy the game as a normal player. This will allow them to experience the server as a player, which will make for better staff decisions in the future. Also the alt accounts of mods will be given guard so that they can still help players on the server.

Some small changes will be the addition of a rules book that will allow players quick access to the rules at all times and also commands with warm ups such as /warp or /spawn will require you to stand still for the length of time to stop players from combat teleporting.

There will be quite a few changes coming for factions especially as a result of the new factions version 2.0 which comes with new features such as an extra rank in your faction and relation between factions! This information will be released soon.

This is what we have decided on so far but things can still be changed and more ideas may be implemented by the time 1.6 comes out.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 04:26:55 PM by TheMadMan697 »
[INFO] WorldEdit: iRuShxaSSaSSin (in "build_main"): /set 0 - Region: (-3000.0, 0.0, -3000.0) - (3000.0, 100.0, 3000.0)

Offline knuckle_sandwich

• Minecraft Addict
  • elooo derrr
Re: 1.6 Changes
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 12:21:44 AM »
sounds very nice cant wait  ;D
:)

Offline ItzShambo

• Minecraft Advance
  • Meow
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 12:22:42 AM »
Mods+ will be officially allowed to use ONE alt account to allow them to pvp and enjoy the game as a normal player.
*smiles, then remembers he's demoted.
I love hem there willys

Offline iRuShxaSSaSSin

• Admin
  • Minecraft junkie
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 12:26:32 AM »
iRuShxaSSaSSin likes this ^^^^^
[INFO] WorldEdit: iRuShxaSSaSSin (in "build_main"): /set 0 - Region: (-3000.0, 0.0, -3000.0) - (3000.0, 100.0, 3000.0)

Offline Snoppzene

• Minecraft Advance
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 01:27:07 AM »
Snopp dont like this :'(

Offline iRuShxaSSaSSin

• Admin
  • Minecraft junkie
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 03:02:45 AM »
What is it you don't like snopp?

Offline iRuShxaSSaSSin

• Admin
  • Minecraft junkie
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2013, 03:05:58 AM »
If anybody is unhappy with one or more of the changes please let us know in this topic. The reasons may just be unclear and your question may clear up the changes for someone else.

Offline jdrzl

• Minecraft Advance
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2013, 07:48:19 AM »
I think that the obsidian breaking from creepers is bad, now there will be no way to protect your base from creepers also then the raids will be shorter for other factions, I remember when I was in Rebels long ago, we had raids with citadel it was a lot of fun because it took over a week. Which I found fun.

Offline xlr20ice

• Minecraft junkie
  • Stop looking at this text! It's personal.....
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2013, 08:24:53 AM »
I think that the obsidian breaking from creepers is bad, now there will be no way to protect your base from creepers also then the raids will be shorter for other factions, I remember when I was in Rebels long ago, we had raids with citadel it was a lot of fun because it took over a week. Which I found fun.

It takes ages just to get a creeper to hit a base, if at all possible, never mind three. Also, bigger factions, (like citadel) WILL still take weeks to raid, because by the time someone lures a creeper over to a wall or uses a fire charge, the players in the faction will have been already alerted, inciting PVP.
What is forever remembered never dies!

Offline Jeddity

• Minecraft junkie
  • Oy vey.
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2013, 10:14:14 AM »

It takes ages just to get a creeper to hit a base, if at all possible, never mind three. Also, bigger factions, (like citadel) WILL still take weeks to raid, because by the time someone lures a creeper over to a wall or uses a fire charge, the players in the faction will have been already alerted, inciting PVP.

Lol implying that the faction getting creepered will even be online...

and i know its an old video, but i tried this on another server and it still works (you need to have armour to survive it, but)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyCSvzerT3A

Ought test that out before turning them on, and what about people enderpearling back into spawn from combat?
"You're honest i'll give you that, honest and stupid"

Offline FuzzyBiscuitz

• Admin
  • Minecraft junkie
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2013, 11:38:18 AM »

and what about people enderpearling back into spawn from combat?

With the new spawn for the first time ever we are using world guard to block people from going back into spawn so the ONLY possible way to get inside the spawn border is with /spawn. So if you use an ender pearl you will hit an invisible barrier mid air and fall to your doom :P  This was always the plan and it will now also block ender pearls

Offline bud35

• Minecraft junkie
  • I LOVE LICKING BIG PENIS'S IN MY BUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2013, 11:46:16 AM »

Lol implying that the faction getting creepered will even be online...

and i know its an old video, but i tried this on another server and it still works (you need to have armour to survive it, but)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyCSvzerT3A

Ought test that out before turning them on, and what about people enderpearling back into spawn from combat?

I did it as well on a server and it worked but it took me a few tries on the glass plane and the iron bars the iron door was easy I think you just needed to get the right spot to do it. I for once wouldn't be making a base out of glass planes/iron bars or have a iron door outside. I tried something having a little house and a upstairs you can go up the stairs but the thing is you need to spam and you can't spam ender pearls in the new update because of what the admins did 10 second for each ender pearls so it doesn't work. Trying to go threw a wall is impossible without the spamming of the ender pearls, so the only thing is wrong with ender pearls is iron bars/glass planes and iron doors.

Offline Bobopol

• Minecraft Addict
  • <Keny's voice> Peatar!
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2013, 12:25:03 PM »

Ever thought of this?

"Ahh! Our obsidian layer has been hit! It one has 2/3 hitpoints left!"
"Oh well"
*readies more obsidian*
I would like to make a counter complaint. Ragequits utter lack of intelligence and low IQ insults me on a personal level to the point I consider it harassment.   -Troopermatthew 5/6/13

Offline rustbucket57

• Minecraft Advance
  • Not such a noob after all, rockmemo
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2013, 01:11:20 PM »
New updates sound good!  :D however I do feel sorry for Legion, because anyone who is in Legion will know what I'm talking about in terms of the 165 tower limit. But otherwise, brilliant update, sounds great!

Offline Snoppzene

• Minecraft Advance
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2013, 02:00:06 PM »
I honestly dont like the blowing part xD I would honestly like creepers OFF! Cause now (again) it will be boxes or obby bunkers.
If you want to make a nice caste, it needs to be many layers of obby, i know its hard to find 3 creepers.
But around every 2nd ingame night, you shoud be able to find atleast 1 creeper and lead it to the base.
For players that have played here for long time, it wont be hard to protect their base, but for new players it will be hard starting up a faction without getting raided.
Here is some clips from how i think i want it :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPihWGDC2lg
I know its a pvp-server, but when there is no'one pvping i want to build something nice knowing that it wont be blown up.
-Snopp :))

anything