Author Topic: !!!URGENT!!! ~~Madgaming Changes~~ !!!URGENT!!!  (Read 4154 times)

Offline iRuShxaSSaSSin

• Admin
  • Minecraft junkie
  • Oh Herro! Like my kinky nips?
!!!URGENT!!! ~~Madgaming Changes~~ !!!URGENT!!!
« on: July 22, 2013, 09:35:05 PM »
So most of you have noticed that the server is slowly dying compared to last year. We were once on page one of minestatus and had 150+ players, nowadays we rarely have over 10 people online. The staff are out of ideas on what to do so we would like any player to leave a comment saying what they would like changed on the server that would make them play more on it.

We hear a lot of ?bring back 1.8? or ?bring back 1.2.5?. Players are forgetting that minecraft has changed so much since then that we will never be able to go back to that, enchantments and potions have now ruined what used to be fun pvp where players used to fight equally and not have to worry about certain enchantments or going afk for hours at mob grinders.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas on what to do because if nothing changes soon the staff feel that madgaming will soon come to a close, and we do not want that so if you have an idea no matter how small feel free to suggest.

ie: what would you like us to remove from the server now whether it be how a certain plugin is configured, or the voting perks or even the donating perks.

Also feel free to suggest plugins (and a link to them if possible) that you think would help the server.

Any suggestions regarding advertisements would also be appreciated!

Keep to the topic and no arguing with each other, we will take everyones opinion into consideration and appreciate the feedback!

We are at the black gates here people and the nastys are coming!
[INFO] WorldEdit: iRuShxaSSaSSin (in "build_main"): /set 0 - Region: (-3000.0, 0.0, -3000.0) - (3000.0, 100.0, 3000.0)

Offline helpsfortheweak

• Minecraft Newbie
  • Oh hi der would you like some cookies?
Re: !!!URGENT!!! ~~Madgaming Changes~~ !!!URGENT!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 09:41:22 PM »
I think this plugin might make the server more fun.  http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/battlearena/

Offline FuzzyBiscuitz

• Admin
  • Minecraft junkie
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 09:44:38 PM »
This would be another form of a mini game such as pvp arena or red v blue, we have had these in the past and players got bored after about a week, i feel we need something more then a minigame to help us out, although it could be added it wont help the main server run better to attract the players

Offline knuckle_sandwich

• Minecraft Addict
  • elooo derrr
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 09:53:19 PM »
Make a server hub with all the mini games alot of big servers have them
:)

Offline knuckle_sandwich

• Minecraft Addict
  • elooo derrr
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 09:54:57 PM »
also take away all the faction shit such as pay to claim, claims can only connect and no offline raiding
:)

Offline Maty630

• Minecraft junkie
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 09:56:47 PM »
Well what i think you should do is go for a completely new outlook on madgaming, people are always saying bring back 1.8 and 1.2.5 but that's all in the past now and we should start reaching for the future of madgaming.
I personally think the addition of faction betrayal being allowed was not a good idea, this has only boosted the power of the already strongest faction because they can trust each other not to betray, whereas other smaller factions cant really grow very big without being cautious about possible griefers.
I also think creepers should once again be disabled, i know i just said that we shouldn't be trying to bring back the past, but i think it was much more fun when players had a choice to run out and fight their enemy, this will also mean new players will be more secure and wont leave because they were raided, and players can once again build nice land bases rather than skybases or bases with massive moats.
And i also think that players should once again be able to build in the end, so what if people make grinders there, its not as if its getting ANY use at the moment.
We also need one easy accessible material to sell for a good price so new players can get started on the server eg. 1 type of log sells for 200 or so a stack?
And what i've noticed is that the server has been going downhill ever since build was removed a year ago, now i'm not suggesting that Madman waste his money by buying another server, but if there were some way that we could add in some kind of build world or server.
well those are my suggestions, hopefully you appreciate them
EDIT: I also think we should start a new magabuild like the helicarrier, this would bring a special edge to the server which would attract many people.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 10:03:29 PM by Maty630 »

Offline FuzzyBiscuitz

• Admin
  • Minecraft junkie
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2013, 09:57:21 PM »
we had that on the event map. all the main servers that have that have a LOT of staff, have many different groups of staff running each different servers, and it requires a lot of work simple which we do not have.

madgaming is a pvp server and always will be, we wont be dividing it up into multiple servers

Offline TheRogueHunter

• Admin
  • Minecraft junkie
  • Number one complaint maker!
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2013, 10:00:52 PM »
also take away all the faction shit such as pay to claim, claims can only connect and no offline raiding

No offence knuckle but this pisses me off. We had a whole staff meeting regarding "this faction shit" giving staff members a chance to agree or disagree with changes and I don't remember you disagreeing with it then, just saying.

Offline cigi90

• Minecraft Newbie
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2013, 10:20:14 PM »
Just before the new update our faction started using withers to raid and using them was really fun and brought a lot of excitement to the game. Plus at the moment there is no way to end a faction by completely destroying a faction base. If the problem was that wither heads were too easy to get can ye not make getting them more difficult to get like having to go to a fortress in the nether to kill zombies rather than get eggs for voting like before.

I love the new voting system but could we get more eggs per vote or have the items worth less eggs. I have been voting every day i've been on and I only have enough for one sharp 5 worth 64 eggs. It takes literally weeks of voting to get something decent for example good armour which a vip gets every day. we have been saving for weeks to get just ONE spawner between three of us voting. More realistic chance of them getting free armour and other goodies for voting the more reason for them to come on, vote and stay on. We need to see the rewards for voting quicker, inpatient members will just give up !!

There is no reason to go to the warzone like before people were always hanging around in warzone as that's where their spawn bases were and they were vulnerable to being killed. This is also where most of the pvping was, I would say 90%. We need to start turning that empty boring desert in to a reason for people to visit and be at risk to being killed. at the moment everyone is either in spawn or far away safe in their base.

What ye think
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 10:25:36 PM by cigi90 »

Offline Evan11900

• Minecraft junkie
  • If at first you don't succeed, destroy the evidence!
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2013, 10:37:04 PM »
I agree with Oliver on the server hub. I've had a lot of time to check out new servers and when looking at server lists that have factions, the servers with 100+ players always had a whole hub of different games. For example, one I joined had Survival Games, Capture the Flag, Skyblock, Build World, and Factions. This server had 320+ people on and it was on Page 3 of PMC. Advertising + an overview of the features truly helps.

Offline FuzzyBiscuitz

• Admin
  • Minecraft junkie
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2013, 10:41:17 PM »
I agree with Oliver on the server hub. I've had a lot of time to check out new servers and when looking at server lists that have factions, the servers with 100+ players always had a whole hub of different games. For example, one I joined had Survival Games, Capture the Flag, Skyblock, Build World, and Factions. This server had 320+ people on and it was on Page 3 of PMC. Advertising + an overview of the features truly helps.

We had capture the flag-lasted one week
we had build server for 2 years- totally died out

and as i said before there is a LOT of work involved in setting up a "hub" server which we do not have the time/staff to do so we can only stick to a "pvp faction" server.
so although the "hub" is a good idea we cannot implement it so please stop suggesting it.

Offline bud35

• Minecraft junkie
  • I LOVE LICKING BIG PENIS'S IN MY BUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2013, 10:54:31 PM »
I like the dragon egg idea brilliant but I would like old time when you get money as well because people find it hard to make money for the faction bank and get started.

Lower the prices a bit in claim, setting home etc.

I would like to take off claims can only connect because it will be nice to claim a bit outside your enemies bases so you can make a little base were you can camp outside there base and set your f home for the other members to come and for waiting for the enemy.

I think creepers should stay on its a good way to raid but is still hard to get the creepers.

I would like the rule of faction betrayal off because its hard for members to join a faction. They might-en trust the new guys and if the new guys make there own faction and cant get anyone to join for power they will just leave and find an other server because the second you die you will be claimable.

I know this will be hard but is there any chance of taking away the sea biome at warzone because its annoy fighting in it, if you can't ill understand.

I would like build back but not like survival build, but like creative so we can build whatever we want in your one or whatever plot you get (like a new little world on a server with a portal with loads of plots and you can get 2 plots or whatever each and you can do whatever on it). It will bring back our builders on the server and it will show new members that its a big and nice server with loads of people in it.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 10:58:13 PM by bud35 »

Offline silveg

• Minecraft junkie
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2013, 11:26:35 PM »
The whole reason I hardly play anymore is due to there been no community, I think we should have sever projects such as mega-builds were trusted members can help and have a input, also on that topic I believe trusted members should have some sort of own rank and something that singles them out as a trusted member, now I don't mean applying on Planet Minecraft for this rank I mean having to earn it, think of it as a rank under guard but without any permissions just a title that shows you are trusted and been here a while. I also agree with the creative sever, I think everyone gets bored of pvping and its nice to go and take a break and build something, this will also help the PVP sever so you can design your base, traps etc on the creative world then actually build them on the PVP world.

Offline Evan11900

• Minecraft junkie
  • If at first you don't succeed, destroy the evidence!
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2013, 11:31:23 PM »

and as i said before there is a LOT of work involved in setting up a "hub" server which we do not have the time/staff to do so we can only stick to a "pvp faction" server.
so although the "hub" is a good idea we cannot implement it so please stop suggesting it.

Take a look at this list:
http://minecraft-server-list.com/sort/Factions/

All the popular servers on there have other mini-games/features besides factions. As much as I hate it, factions-only servers and build-only servers have basically died out. Almost everyone in the Minecraft community loves Hunger Games and CTF.

Offline silveg

• Minecraft junkie
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2013, 11:38:15 PM »

Take a look at this list:
http://minecraft-server-list.com/sort/Factions/

All the popular servers on there have other mini-games/features besides factions. As much as I hate it, factions-only servers and build-only servers have basically died out. Almost everyone in the Minecraft community loves Hunger Games and CTF.

So have all the mini-games on madgaming  ::)

anything
anything