Author Topic: !!!URGENT!!! ~~Madgaming Changes~~ !!!URGENT!!!  (Read 4167 times)

Offline iRuShxaSSaSSin

• Admin
  • Minecraft junkie
  • Oh Herro! Like my kinky nips?
Re: !!!URGENT!!! ~~Madgaming Changes~~ !!!URGENT!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2013, 11:47:51 PM »
We haven't got enough players/staff at the moment to run a server with multiple things such as skyblock, hungergames, etc.

So far I am liking a good few ideas. I wouldn't mind bringing in a creative map with plots for people. Also I wouldn't mind having new ranks such as trusted and member. The member rank could be like was suggested before with just posting on minecraft forums for it and maybe signing up for forums. The trusted rank could then be like the old rank with trusted, mature members getting the rank, from these we could then choose I guards.

Also these players could get larger plots in the creative world so norm players small plot, members bigger, trusted bigger again and donator the biggest.

Keep adding to the list with your ideas guys but try to keep it more focused on what you would like on a factions pvp server because atm we just can't do such things as hubs with extra games.
[INFO] WorldEdit: iRuShxaSSaSSin (in "build_main"): /set 0 - Region: (-3000.0, 0.0, -3000.0) - (3000.0, 100.0, 3000.0)

Offline Evan11900

• Minecraft junkie
  • If at first you don't succeed, destroy the evidence!
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2013, 11:59:24 PM »
We haven't got enough players/staff at the moment to run a server with multiple things such as skyblock, hungergames, etc.

So far I am liking a good few ideas. I wouldn't mind bringing in a creative map with plots for people. Also I wouldn't mind having new ranks such as trusted and member. The member rank could be like was suggested before with just posting on minecraft forums for it and maybe signing up for forums. The trusted rank could then be like the old rank with trusted, mature members getting the rank, from these we could then choose I guards.

Also these players could get larger plots in the creative world so norm players small plot, members bigger, trusted bigger again and donator the biggest.

Keep adding to the list with your ideas guys but try to keep it more focused on what you would like on a factions pvp server because atm we just can't do such things as hubs with extra games.

Hence another reason to advertise the server more. Many of us love this server and don't want to see it go, all of us would jump at the opportunity to help keep the server alive. Or we could just spam Robbaz until he agrees to come to an event again. .-. Also, maybe we should consider a hosting site. I mean, we have enough donators...

Offline silveg

• Minecraft junkie
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2013, 12:01:45 AM »

As everyone has said 1.2.5 was the best update, I dont think we can bring back 1.2.5 but I think some things can make it feel more as if it is 1.2.5, firstly disable creepers, this allows members to build castles etc and make them look pretty without been blew up, also allow a warzone like the 1.2.5 one were it is more or less one fighting zone.

Offline iRuShxaSSaSSin

• Admin
  • Minecraft junkie
  • Oh Herro! Like my kinky nips?
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2013, 12:08:29 AM »
What do you mean a "hosting sight" ? And silveg we didn't have one warzone, we have said this a lot! We have warzone all around the 1.2.5 spawn but people just went to that one spot for some reason so we enlarged it after a while but it was never meant for that it was just players who made it like that.

Infact this spawn now is the only spawn that has ever had only one side to exit and pvp.
[INFO] WorldEdit: iRuShxaSSaSSin (in "build_main"): /set 0 - Region: (-3000.0, 0.0, -3000.0) - (3000.0, 100.0, 3000.0)

Offline Maty630

• Minecraft junkie
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2013, 12:41:21 AM »
I think the idea of trusted players is great and should definately be added. I also think that trusted players should inherit some vip perks such as /chest, /feed, /heal and /kit diamond2. This is because the trusted players would have earned it through loyalty to the server. This would also give players a drive to be the best they can, and to help the community to get this trusted rank.

Offline TheMadMan697

• SuperAdmin
  • Minecraft junkie
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2013, 12:57:52 AM »
Like some of the people here mentioned in think minrcraft and in particular minecraft PvP factions servers are dieing out. Most big servers do now run a hub where you have as load of different worlds (these are actually different servers but the hub makes it all seem less so you don't have to reconnect) a hub server itself is not a problem but I do see a problem managing all the different gamemodes. I think we have to just accept the fact that we won't be such a large server anymore because there is not as much of a demand for minecraft PvP servers now. I think the only improvement we can make with our current factions server is to make it easier for new players. I think one of the problems that we will now face is that we have a small player base and a lot of people won't find a PvP server with a small number of people online any fun.

P.S. sorry for any typos I'm writing this on my phone.

Offline knuckle_sandwich

• Minecraft Addict
  • elooo derrr
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2013, 02:00:25 AM »
i didnt disagree with anything? i said if you add that faction shit people wont like it and they will just quit
:)

Offline silveg

• Minecraft junkie
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2013, 02:01:49 AM »
I think the idea of trusted players is great and should definately be added. I also think that trusted players should inherit some vip perks such as /chest, /feed, /heal and /kit diamond2. This is because the trusted players would have earned it through loyalty to the server. This would also give players a drive to be the best they can, and to help the community to get this trusted rank.

To be honest we all know the main reason people donate is for the perks, giving players this without a donation would stop donating all together :P

Offline Raggimm

• Minecraft Star
  • That creeper had it coming.
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2013, 02:13:32 AM »
I personally have known madgaming for a very long time seeing it go will be a loss of great servers so i talked with my friends and we will help alot we hope we are going to be advertising on over 50 websites that you can advertise servers on. Its finally time to repay the fun we had, me and my friends will start tomorrow

Suggestions:
Get some cooler perk names

Add a plugin that tells you your ontime

Host some god damn drop parties i mean my server has fifty players on a day because i host drop parties time from time.

Decreasethe enchantment table, example: So you cant go over pro 3 and sharp 3 that would make pvp more fair

No god apples, and finally nerf potions
HUZZAH!

Offline Maty630

• Minecraft junkie
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2013, 02:26:05 AM »

To be honest we all know the main reason people donate is for the perks, giving players this without a donation would stop donating all together :P
Well i donated to help the server, and if someone is thinking in that state of mind where they only want the perks, they obviously don't deserve the trusted rank. anyway those are only 4 commands, there are far more that trusted wouldn't have.

Decreasethe enchantment table, example: So you cant go over pro 3 and sharp 3 that would make pvp more fair

i see  to be the only one who actually likes the addition of enchantments potions and god apple, i think they add an extra edge to pvp and prolong fights to make them more fun, with good armour and god apples victory depends on skill and how many hits you get or you need to rush the opponent with a full-force gung-ho attack rather than having short pvp that depend on luck aswell as skill, with potions, god apples and enchantments the  player needs a drawn oiut strategy to make sure  they get more hits than their enemy. And for fuck's sake, stop complaining, the enchantments are staying, deal with it.
edit: 666 posts :D
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 02:31:32 AM by Maty630 »

Offline Evan11900

• Minecraft junkie
  • If at first you don't succeed, destroy the evidence!
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2013, 02:29:41 AM »
I personally have known madgaming for a very long time seeing it go will be a loss of great servers so i talked with my friends and we will help alot we hope we are going to be advertising on over 50 websites that you can advertise servers on. Its finally time to repay the fun we had, me and my friends will start tomorrow

Suggestions:
Get some cooler perk names

Add a plugin that tells you your ontime

Host some god damn drop parties i mean my server has fifty players on a day because i host drop parties time from time.

Yes, because that's going to help.

/xstats

Seriously? Okay, let's just throw it a stack of god apples and then have players sell them and get rich!

I don't think that's going to change much...

They already said no. Do you even read?

Offline imjack

• Minecraft Star
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2013, 02:44:33 AM »
also take away all the faction shit such as pay to claim, claims can only connect and no offline raiding

No offence knuckle but this pisses me off. We had a whole staff meeting regarding "this faction shit" giving staff members a chance to agree or disagree with changes and I don't remember you disagreeing with it then, just saying.
This shouldn't piss you off. We did have a whole staff metting regarding this Oliver did disagree, however no one listened to him, it doesn't help when you have people like trooper and jed mid way talking about other subjects.
Like some of the people here mentioned in think minrcraft and in particular minecraft PvP factions servers are dieing out. Most big servers do now run a hub where you have as load of different worlds (these are actually different servers but the hub makes it all seem less so you don't have to reconnect) a hub server itself is not a problem but I do see a problem managing all the different gamemodes. I think we have to just accept the fact that we won't be such a large server anymore because there is not as much of a demand for minecraft PvP servers now. I think the only improvement we can make with our current factions server is to make it easier for new players. I think one of the problems that we will now face is that we have a small player base and a lot of people won't find a PvP server with a small number of people online any fun.

P.S. sorry for any typos I'm writing this on my phone.
I have to agree madman, pvp isn't the same as it was before. Factions were once the best thing to ever happen since towny. Now the top voted minecraft server are ran by big servers who have all the latest mini games and custom plugins. Even still there are a few factions servers that are still at the top of the server list but are nothing like madgaming, mostly being a pay to win giving players OP items for donating. I would like the server to boost in players, but we all know that the server won't stand a chance against the big servers. It?s time for a change, but just changing factions around isn't going to solve the problem. I feel that we can?t continue as just a normal faction server without extra things added like mini games or this dreaded ?hub? that you guys don?t seem to like or make a ?hub? using multiverse or segregating the worlds for different mini games.

About that hub I forgot about the staff. If that's lined out I see not much hope. PvP on madgaming isn't what it used to be and to admit it I don't see anything that you can change as it was once a successful server and pvp is going down hill and sadly madgaming is going with it.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 03:01:29 AM by imjack »

Offline masterelias706

• Minecraft junkie
  • Maker of shit memes
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2013, 09:31:39 AM »
I am really sad for Madgaming. I remember MG in 1.4 or in 1.8 and the boat spawn, when there were like 20/30 people online. But 1.6 changes are a real fail. In 1.5.2, MadGaming didn't go well but it went much better than now. Why? because of the rules change, the map reset, etc. Faction betrayal is allowed. I recently got betrayed and I almost wanted to leave the server because I lost all my Dragon Eggs I took a whole week to get by voting every day. Also I really don't understand why money is needed to make a fac. This "Hardcore Update" is way too much hardcore. Also I really like the idea of bringing back the Trusted rank and making a Creative/Build server. Most of the Minecraft players don't like PvP much nowadays. They love playing adventure maps, servers with hub, etc.

Also, when you want to donate for the server, don't think like this "I'm gonna pay 50? for cool perks". You should think like this "I'm gonna pay 50? to help the server". And when you vote, don"t think like this "Oh cool, if I vote I can get Dragon Eggs! And then I can buy cool stuff with them!" but think like this "I'm gonna vote so the server will be on Page 1 or 2 on PMC and then there will be more players on it".

Offline Yoshiapp130

• Minecraft Advance
  • Watchu lookin' at?
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2013, 11:20:08 AM »
Hmm...   I haven't been on in ages but i remember in Beta 1.7 was when I joined the server back in 2011, and that was when I loved it the most.  I know the server has changed since then but i really did enjoy the aspect of working together there, sure there was a bit of PVP, but not to the extent that there is now.  I'm saying you should put it back the way it was then, but in my opinion I think that more player would enjoy the 'I don't have to worry about my stuff being stolen or base/house being griefed.  Right now, MG has gone pretty much over the top with PVP.  The prices on the factions are high, griefing allowed and faction BETRAYAL?  Seriously, that last part is pretty much unfair.  I know I haven't been playing this in ages but for the past 3 days or so that I have, people seem really aggressive.  Maybe turn down the PVP a notch at least.  Give people a chance to at least start up a faction without it getting griefed.  I remeber that CProtection plugin in the server, it was great.  I know it wouldn't suit this server in its current state, but if you made a difference in the way the PVP works, it might fit in.  Also I like the idea of bringing back the trusted rank.  I miss my sexy dark green name :3

Maybe add something like Spleef, or SPLEGG!! :P
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 01:22:45 PM by Yoshiapp130 »
I'm back bitches!

Offline zX_BEN_Xz

• Minecraft junkie
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2013, 12:29:17 PM »
I would really like to see a ''Server Hub'', I also don't see the problem we have with staff. Staff members will have to build and set up these various things but after that I don't see the problem we have with them. If it's moderating them I don't see why that would cause concern.

anything