Author Topic: !!!URGENT!!! ~~Madgaming Changes~~ !!!URGENT!!!  (Read 3679 times)

Offline Jamesyb1989

• Minecraft Star
  • Trooper is evil. Pure EVIL
Re: !!!URGENT!!! ~~Madgaming Changes~~ !!!URGENT!!!
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2013, 01:03:37 PM »
There is plenty of staff to moderate. There are a few people who are not Guard and are capable of being Guard if it picked up.

Ben sort this shit out.
I HATE TROOPER WITH A PASSION. I HOPE HE GETS AIDS

Offline xlr20ice

• Minecraft junkie
  • Stop looking at this text! It's personal.....
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2013, 01:08:34 PM »
Faction PvP servers are in low demand because they've been done to the max. At one point, everyone had the,"best faction PvPserver around!", but thise days are long since over. Here is my suggestion, that you can do without the addition of plugins.

"/gamerule natrualRegeneration false" disables healing via hunger globally, making things like golden apples, potions, and beacons vital to survival. I feel this would add a new element to the game, being conservative with damage taken.

We could also have "Kickstarter factions" owned by mods/admins, that invite new players. If there are at least 3 big factions like this, it could stir up a good war(maybe have some staff film it too?) Of course, if you want to be on your own, then you have the liberty to leave that faction, but you might get a LITTLE trampled on by bigger ones.
What is forever remembered never dies!

Offline Jeddity

• Minecraft junkie
  • Oy vey.
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2013, 01:19:18 PM »
We could also have "Kickstarter factions" owned by mods/admins, that invite new players. If there are at least 3 big factions like this, it could stir up a good war(maybe have some staff film it too?) Of course, if you want to be on your own, then you have the liberty to leave that faction, but you might get a LITTLE trampled on by bigger ones.

Love it, but could easily be abused.

Faction betrayal being allowed killed it for me tbh.

Maybe you should host a large hunger games thing (one off) just to get all the community back on for a while, get everyone re-acquainted and speaking again, (I.e make an event post, we all post it around to our friends on skype, steam etc) Dunno it could be like a nice little reunion tho :P

As for unban all banned players, could work because a lot of people don't play because their friends aren't able to play and worse case scenario they'll break the rules again and they'll get banned again.

Also i think too many people are being banned when they're asked for ESC options screenshots, a lot of people generally don't know how to get into their screencaps. Last guy i was asked to check i added him on skype in the end because he didn't know how and he just showed me via video chat, too many are banned wrongly.
"You're honest i'll give you that, honest and stupid"

Offline DarrenBelmour_

• Minecraft Newbie
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2013, 01:21:45 PM »
I want the server to have spawn bases so then more people would pvp if they were. Am i wish faction betrayel wabt

Offline bud35

• Minecraft junkie
  • I LOVE LICKING BIG PENIS'S IN MY BUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2013, 01:38:34 PM »
I want the server to have spawn bases so then more people would pvp if they were. Am i wish faction betrayel wabt

I hate spawn bases, with them there was no pvping it was just getting a player into your trap and killing him and you can still have spawn bases but they will be a bit away :)

Offline Lukilito

• Minecraft Advance
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2013, 05:23:13 PM »
I really think godapples should be out of the voting. Its to overpowerd so its not even fun.... Ppl can use god apples and no pots, that makes the pvp lame.

Offline prutt01

• Minecraft Newbie
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2013, 06:02:20 PM »
I think the server would be better if you add a lobby, with a PvP/Faction Server, a parkour server, and different TheWalls maps if you agree, with perks and starter kits. That would be awesome!

Offline Evan11900

• Minecraft junkie
  • If at first you don't succeed, destroy the evidence!
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2013, 08:53:50 PM »
I think the server would be better if you add a lobby, with a PvP/Faction Server, a parkour server, and different TheWalls maps if you agree, with perks and starter kits. That would be awesome!

If you even bothered to read this topic you would have noticed that the server lobby/hub has already been suggested and the Mini-Games have been mentioned too.

Offline Evan11900

• Minecraft junkie
  • If at first you don't succeed, destroy the evidence!
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2013, 08:56:42 PM »
*Regarding Mini-Games/Server Hub*

Andy mentioned we'd need more staff for the Hub/Mini-Games. My question is, why? The Modreq plugin works absolutely fine. Also, there are plugins that if you say certain words such as the "N word" it will notify an admin immediately. Also, we have screenshots/videos for hackers. So why would we need more staff. Also, with the player issue, I will continuously suggest it just like I have since I joined Madgaming in 1.1. Advertise more.

Offline FuzzyBiscuitz

• Admin
  • Minecraft junkie
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2013, 08:49:23 AM »

Andy mentioned we'd need more staff for the Hub/Mini-Games. My question is, why? The Modreq plugin works absolutely fine. Also, there are plugins that if you say certain words such as the "N word" it will notify an admin immediately. Also, we have screenshots/videos for hackers. So why would we need more staff. Also, with the player issue, I will continuously suggest it just like I have since I joined Madgaming in 1.1. Advertise more.

Ever consider in your tiny little brain that to make a madgaming into a hub with over 6 servers requires a lot of staff to actually make the servers, configure each different plugin for the different server and to then have a different set of staff on each said server no? A hub server is not just going to magically pop up overnight, it will take a lot of time, dedication and people to make it happen.

Offline Jamesyb1989

• Minecraft Star
  • Trooper is evil. Pure EVIL
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2013, 12:51:55 PM »

Ever consider in your tiny little brain that to make a madgaming into a hub with over 6 servers requires a lot of staff to actually make the servers, configure each different plugin for the different server and to then have a different set of staff on each said server no? A hub server is not just going to magically pop up overnight, it will take a lot of time, dedication and people to make it happen.

Mark i love you
I HATE TROOPER WITH A PASSION. I HOPE HE GETS AIDS

Offline lionkopa

• Minecraft junkie
  • Lion.
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2013, 02:12:19 PM »
We have enough staff, just some will be sad that their privilege of being normal players will be taken away. Staff should be capable to take such responsibility.

Like Jeddity said, faction betrayal kind of killed it for me.

Yes, faction servers are dying out. We cannot go down that road. Advertising using Robbaz wouldn't work because most of his audience do not play minecraft, and the last time we had Robbaz do something with us publicly, it was chaos. We have enough advertising, we're on tons of different 'voting' sites. But, what I really miss is the old playerbase, which is one of the reasons trooper left as admin.

What we all could do is grab everyone we still have contact with and help us in this situation.

I don't want the server to die, but overall- I didn't want the community to die which it slowly is.

Offline Jeddity

• Minecraft junkie
  • Oy vey.
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2013, 09:30:04 PM »
Ever consider in your tiny little brain
Staff being nicer to players making a suggestion (no matter how ham) might be a start.

Mark i love you
No need for encouragement.
This is another problem, a lot of people who i keep in touch with via skype say they've quit the server because they feel that the staff on the server often gang up on them. Take for instance the_hj_boy's ban for example; http://madgaming.eu/forum/index.php?topic=6920.msg59421#msg59421
He was banned for a month after he told Shambo (who at the time was staff) to shut up in response to shambo telling him to shut the fuck up. He was banned for a month, A MONTH, this caused HJ to make this post and quit the server entirely.

Killerdude and evan are another pair of people that have quit entirely after their 2 month bans. Killer was banned for a month after he insulted staff members who he had had issues with on other occasions (this following an incident in which an admin had spawned wither heads and god apples)
Evan was banned for things he had said off of the server, and killer's ban was extended for something he had said on skype.

The thing i'm getting at here is the staff need to start being nicer in general to people and not be biased with ban lengths from person to person. I'm not saying this to dig at anyone personally, but it is a problem that is causing a lot of people to quit.

The server needs to start being a more welcome place as well, a lot of the time it is larger factions completely obliterating smaller factions which causes the little guys to quit. Large factions can bounce back from being raided, but small factions often do not have the morale or will to continue on a server after they get completely wrecked, especially if its done while they're offline.

"You're honest i'll give you that, honest and stupid"

Offline iCreepz

• Minecraft Star
  • Hello there!
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2013, 09:37:40 PM »
I agree with Jed. I also like the idea of us being more welcomed so they have a chance to stay on the server.

This should be considered.
iCreepz

Offline bud35

• Minecraft junkie
  • I LOVE LICKING BIG PENIS'S IN MY BUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2013, 12:43:16 AM »
There's no big faction's any more because of faction betrayal on so most of the factions has up to 10 people.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 11:18:54 AM by bud35 »

anything
anything