Author Topic: Questions about the coming ''Faction/PvP World''  (Read 2473 times)

Offline iRuShxaSSaSSin

• Admin
  • Minecraft junkie
  • Oh Herro! Like my kinky nips?
Re: Questions about the coming ''Faction/PvP World''
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2013, 05:38:31 PM »
I would prefer just tnt to be on myself.

Creepers are random and ruin the landscape all around spawn and eventually, as the map ages, everywhere. However I feel if tnt is made hard enough to get, not impossible, by not selling it in spawn etc, players may be deterred from randomly destroying the landscape and will hopefully only use tnt to attack bases.

Also, as was said above by Lukilito, I wouldn't mind having tnt blow up obsidian after a few hits so that bases can't be unraidable (obviously some will be but it makes it harder to make them so).

You have to remember with the new hub you will have a survival and creative world for making nice structures. That isn't to say you can't or shouldn't make nice bases on pvp but it just means that pvp should no longer be designed in such a way to appeal to builders and pvpers but more so to the pvpers and raiders themselves. However I always love to see those players who welcome the challenge of building a well designed base with clever defenses.
[INFO] WorldEdit: iRuShxaSSaSSin (in "build_main"): /set 0 - Region: (-3000.0, 0.0, -3000.0) - (3000.0, 100.0, 3000.0)

Offline Lukilito

• Minecraft Advance
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2013, 05:41:29 PM »
I think we should disable creepers anyway because like rogue said its to easy to raid, atleast you should NOT be able to get creeper eggs in any way at all. If creepers you should atleast have to work to get them there. Also i agree with iRush on not selling TNT in spawn (Not creeper eggs either) Because then you have to work more to raid bases, as with leading creepers.

-Luki

Offline imjack

• Minecraft Star
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2013, 07:06:49 PM »
I think TNT should be sold for a high price cause then no one would ever get raided.

Offline jackjfk21

• Minecraft junkie
  • ALL ABOARD THE NOPE TRAIN TO NOPEVILLE
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2013, 07:38:26 PM »
Okay if it is tnt we can just pour water on our bases and poof you can't raid me. Also, there are going to be ugly cube bases and the land scape would be blown to shit. Personally I want my base to be nice looking and I want others to be nice as well . To be honest when raiding you get nothing really with all the good stuff in /chest and enderchests. The best part about raiding is griefing the base and all the stuff they put effort into. I think that tnt is a good idea but water makes you unraidable. Wither is too op. I think faction betrayal could work. Other then that I just don't know... Maybe some mandatory pvp rule or some weird power loss thing but that doesn't make sense...
Dinosaurs live for ever. But some are known to never die.

Offline TheRogueHunter

• Admin
  • Minecraft junkie
  • Number one complaint maker!
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2013, 07:46:22 PM »
Okay if it is tnt we can just pour water on our bases and poof you can't raid me. Also, there are going to be ugly cube bases and the land scape would be blown to shit. Personally I want my base to be nice looking and I want others to be nice as well . To be honest when raiding you get nothing really with all the good stuff in /chest and enderchests. The best part about raiding is griefing the base and all the stuff they put effort into. I think that tnt is a good idea but water makes you unraidable. Wither is too op. I think faction betrayal could work. Other then that I just don't know... Maybe some mandatory pvp rule or some weird power loss thing but that doesn't make sense...

You haven't heard of a Hybrid cannon so jack? It means you aren't safe by covering your base in water, granted it takes longer to raid but it is generally quite easy. Like Andy said, there will be creative and survival maps as well as a faction map in the hub so the faction map can now be more dedicated to PVPers and raiders. I'm not saying I don't want you to build a nice base, but you have to be prepared to take the consequences. If you can't then you're better off playing on a survival map.

Offline iRuShxaSSaSSin

• Admin
  • Minecraft junkie
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2013, 08:08:20 PM »
To be honest when raiding you get nothing really with all the good stuff in /chest and enderchests. The best part about raiding is griefing the base and all the stuff they put effort into. I think faction betrayal could work. Other then that I just don't know... Maybe some mandatory pvp rule or some weird power loss thing but that doesn't make sense...

I know keny has already addressed most of what you have said in this post but I want to talk about the part about why people raid.

I don't agree that "you get nothing really" when raiding. Sure people have their best stuff in their /chest and enderchest but that only houses a limited number of items. Some people don't even have a /chest meaning they can only save 27 of their most valued items which when broken down into god apples, diamonds, enchanted tools and armour, isn't a lot of space.

I have been on a number of raids with factions and everytime I am amazed at the vast amount loot you get as people generally have a lot more then they need. On top of that the defending faction is usually carrying their best things to defend against the raiders so you have a good chance to get that as well. So I still feel there are a lot of reasons to raid other then to grief the base.

Faction betrayal used to be a lot more fun and worked a lot better on the first release of the pvp factions server however I feel that now it just ruins the atmosphere of the server and doesn't allow for a friendly, trustworthy community as I have seen people be betrayed by players they are on teamspeak with everyday. We have tried it in the recent server and I feel that it was a fail in comparison to how fun it used to be as players did it to friends 'just cause they can' not because it was of any advantage to their own real faction.

Your last point as you said doesn't make sense. Imposing more rules that are difficult to enforce will only ruin the feel of the server and will enrage players when someone gets away with breaking that rule as there is no proof. Unfortunately there is advantages and disadvantages to editing the power loss/regen and it is very difficult to find the right balance so I feel this shouldn't be messed with too much.
[INFO] WorldEdit: iRuShxaSSaSSin (in "build_main"): /set 0 - Region: (-3000.0, 0.0, -3000.0) - (3000.0, 100.0, 3000.0)

Offline silveg

• Minecraft junkie
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2013, 12:04:02 AM »
I must admit I prefer the PVP/Building however, with the new hub there is going to be separate severs just for that. I think the PVP sever should be hardcore PVP however I don't think withers should be enabled as they are easy to obtain and just basically raid any base. Another thing you said people can defend against TNT cannons but people just offline raid I personally don't have a problem with this but I know plenty of members do.

Offline iRuShxaSSaSSin

• Admin
  • Minecraft junkie
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2013, 01:03:49 AM »
I know that there are ways to stop offline raiding with factions. You can disable creeper explosions in faction land when no members of the faction are online and I assume the same can be done for tnt but I havent checked it yet.

Offline Lukilito

• Minecraft Advance
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2013, 02:46:37 PM »
The only problem with that is that when you get raided all just log off. Happend before.... -.-

[EDIT] Also you can't raid inactive players.

-Luki
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 02:48:40 PM by Lukilito »

Offline iRuShxaSSaSSin

• Admin
  • Minecraft junkie
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2013, 04:12:12 PM »
I know I was just saying it was an option. Obviously there will be pros and cons with every decision.
Turn off offline raiding and people will just log out to to save their faction.

Turn it on and people will only ever raid at night when the faction is offline.

Turn it on so that people can raided for the first five or ten minutes after they log out (this can be done and the time is configurable) and people will wait outside a faction until they log out then run in and raid while they are offline.

There will never be a solution to please everyone so the only option is to compromise and attempt to please the majority.

Offline silveg

• Minecraft junkie
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2013, 09:33:38 AM »
I know I was just saying it was an option. Obviously there will be pros and cons with every decision.
Turn off offline raiding and people will just log out to to save their faction.

Turn it on and people will only ever raid at night when the faction is offline.

Turn it on so that people can raided for the first five or ten minutes after they log out (this can be done and the time is configurable) and people will wait outside a faction until they log out then run in and raid while they are offline.

There will never be a solution to please everyone so the only option is to compromise and attempt to please the majority.

Most PVP severs have offline raiding allowed I don't think I have come across one sever that has not allowed it, think of it this way the biggest faction on the sever cant be touched when lets say 5/10 people are online so a small faction lets say 4/5 people wait until they go offline and raid them. It's more tactical than anything.

Offline Jeddity

• Minecraft junkie
  • Oy vey.
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2013, 03:45:13 PM »
I think TNT should be sold for a high price cause then no one would ever get raided.
This would mean only the big rich factions will be able to raid though.

Personally I want my base to be nice looking and I want others to be nice as well .
Not everyone cares about their base looking cool/nice and care more about durability because at the end of the day it is a hardcore pvp server.

I heard a rumour that there's going to be a server dedicated to a bit more relaxed pvp faction stuff, dunno if that ever came about.

"You're honest i'll give you that, honest and stupid"

Offline iRuShxaSSaSSin

• Admin
  • Minecraft junkie
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2013, 04:55:01 PM »
This would mean only the big rich factions will be able to raid though.

Personally I want my base to be nice looking and I want others to be nice as well .
Not everyone cares about their base looking cool/nice and care more about durability because at the end of the day it is a hardcore pvp server.

I heard a rumour that there's going to be a server dedicated to a bit more relaxed pvp faction stuff, dunno if that ever came about.

First I think (well hoped :P) that he meant that you sell tnt to the shop for a high price therefore encouraging people to make it to sell it rather then use it.

I agree not everyone is worried about a nice looking base and now that we have other servers for that it should not be a main priority when deciding on how the pvp server is run.

I actually have no idea where you heard this rumor as it is the first time I have ever heard of such as server? Perhaps you mean a different style of server? I don't know but it's the first time I have heard about this :P

Offline Lukilito

• Minecraft Advance
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2013, 05:28:04 PM »
I think the best way is like iRush said, You can raid factions where a member was online the past 10 minutes, If we make it 5 it may be hard to complete all cannons in 5 so 10 i think whould be best with that idea and that idea is the best so far. I think.

-Luki

Offline TheRogueHunter

• Admin
  • Minecraft junkie
  • Number one complaint maker!
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2013, 08:10:02 PM »
Don't start messing with offline raiding, like silveg said, I have never seen a PVP raiding server where it wasn't allowed including all the biggest ones. This thing about having 10 minutes to raid them when they've logged off is just going to create arguments and complaints in the future.
On another note, will we be able to open chests when the faction members are offline?

anything
anything
anything
anything