Author Topic: A Final Announcement  (Read 4704 times)

Offline MADGAMING.EU

• Minecraft Newbie
A Final Announcement
« on: November 29, 2013, 12:07:35 AM »
As of Friday 13th December Madgaming.eu, all associated social media sites and sub domains will be closed down permanently. This was not a decision taken lightly but its also one done without regret. Please now take the time to read the rest of the post. The information included inside is vital and will answer an questions you have.

Why is Madgaming shutting down?

Since October 2010 Madgaming has always tried to adapt and survive the changing face that is Minecraft. Once we were little more than a simple vanilla server. Through time we have seen ourselves as a survival, Hardcore pvp server and even a creative at times. Our dedication to getting the server up to date as soon as possible every update and our ability to be flexible with our server saw us rise to #1 on Minestatus and peak to almost 200 players daily. Our builds were featured on Minecraft Mondays and Youtube celebrities were found amongst our player ranks. For a long time we were in a "Golden Age" but like all good things it was destined to come to an end.
By 1.8 we were a solid PVP server and at our prime but with the rise of potions and enchantments PVP was changed permanently (and to many for the worse). Our attempts to adapt to these changes proved ineffective and along with some technical issues and some mistakes along the way (Creepers on or off?!) the player base began to dwindle. The staff began to loose interest or the stress itself drove them away. Personal circumstances plagued the remaining members till the server began creaking at its lack of attention and care. It was clear something drastic was needed. Thus was born the Hub.

Yes that mystical Hub you have all heard about was indeed finished (eventually!). There was many issues along the way which made it a rocky path and one that no one enjoyed. A poorly timed Minecraft update was the final nail in the coffin. The staff who remained on the project no longer had the enthusiasm to actually run it. The fun game had turned into chore. The remaining staff made the decision to shut Madgaming. But this was not the end.

What's next?

For a few days it seemed that Madgaming was going to shut, its resources spread to the winds and its staff scattered to the four corners of the World (or something along those lines). A new idea was then formed among a few, why not re brand? Start again? Fresh name and fresh ideas?! So for another few days preparations were made to remake our server entirely. Then a new idea began to circulate. Why not re-theme it? Perhaps PVP was no longer the direction to take. So with the full backing of the server owner, our glorious TheMadMan697 the concept of "Arkham Lockup" was born!

What is Arkham Lockup?

Arkham Lockup is a Minecraft Prison server. Prison servers are a game type where upon logging in you are trapped inside a prison. Working in various mines and farms gains you the money needed to advance to the next level of the prison. After a few levels you are free to participate in a normal PVP Minecraft environment. The Prison servers visited by the Madgaming staff were found to be lacking in both aesthetic appeal and a decent server once you escaped. Deciding to bring Madgaming's legendary build team (the same ones responsible for the Helicarrier) and its popular PVP server standards together the prison server was quickly developed.
Set on the grounds of a decaying mansion converted into a maximum security prison you will quickly feel the walls closing in as you and others mine your way to freedom and glory! For those of a particular sadistic nature you can choose to enter a second harder prison for extra bonuses once you have escaped the first! This prison has already been fully created and we are simply awaiting Bukkit to update to finalise and release it!

In conclusion

This is the end for Madgaming, it has run its course and we have enjoyed it every step of the way. It has given us all many memories (Holycraft, the Battle of Hugehill and many others!) that we will take with us regardless of destination and we all thank you for making Madgaming the success it was. We also hope to see many familiar faces on our new server which you can follow the progress of here (please allow a week or so for its forums to come online) : arkhamlockup.com

We thank you for all your support
The Madgaming Team
(Now the Arkham Lockup Team)

FAQ's

We realise that you may have some questions so have chosen to answer some common ones here:

What will happen when mc.madgaming.eu is shut down?

You will no longer be able to log in at all.

Will my items/mgc be carried over to Arkham Lockup?

No Arkham Lockup is an entirely separate server unrelated to Madgaming but just happens to be run by some of the old staff.

Will my donator rank be carried over to Arkham Lockup? Will I be refunded if no?

No Arkham Lockup is an entirely separate server unrelated to Madgaming but just happens to be run by some of the old staff. The donation money will not be refunded as per the terms and conditions.

Will my guard/staff rank be carried over?

No Arkham Lockup is an entirely separate server unrelated to Madgaming. Only a few select members of staff will be carried over but even then under different ranks.

When will Arkham Lockup be open?

Please watch the Arkham Lockup website for more details: http://arkhamlockup.com/index.html
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 12:12:24 AM by TheMadMan697 »

Offline racker2008

• Minecraft junkie
  • Hellur me friend!
Re: A Final Announcement
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 12:18:23 AM »
Will the TS be kept the same or will a new one be made? Also how flaccid is Mark's penis?

Offline silveg

• Minecraft junkie
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 12:19:18 AM »
It's sad too see Madgaming come to a end however I'm looking forward to a new sever and also a new start, hopefully a lot of the old players will still move over and play still.

Offline IrishBulldog93

• Minecraft junkie
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 12:21:52 AM »
TL;DR

But seriously, sad to see something end that kept me entertained for countless hours and introduced me to some awesome people along the way (along with some power abusing admins).

Good night, and good luck
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 12:35:25 AM by IrishBulldog93 »

Offline bud35

• Minecraft junkie
  • I LOVE LICKING BIG PENIS'S IN MY BUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 07:21:12 AM »
I am loving the idea and hope it will be successful, and I will come back to see if its good as minecraft altogether is boring me.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 11:39:34 PM by bud35 »

Offline EverX

• Minecraft Advance
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 09:17:27 AM »
As of Friday 13th December Madgaming.eu, all associated social media sites and sub domains will be closed down permanently. This was not a decision taken lightly but its also one done without regret. Please now take the time to read the rest of the post. The information included inside is vital and will answer an questions you have.

Why is Madgaming shutting down?

Since October 2010 Madgaming has always tried to adapt and survive the changing face that is Minecraft. Once we were little more than a simple vanilla server. Through time we have seen ourselves as a survival, Hardcore pvp server and even a creative at times. Our dedication to getting the server up to date as soon as possible every update and our ability to be flexible with our server saw us rise to #1 on Minestatus and peak to almost 200 players daily. Our builds were featured on Minecraft Mondays and Youtube celebrities were found amongst our player ranks. For a long time we were in a "Golden Age" but like all good things it was destined to come to an end.
By 1.8 we were a solid PVP server and at our prime but with the rise of potions and enchantments PVP was changed permanently (and to many for the worse). Our attempts to adapt to these changes proved ineffective and along with some technical issues and some mistakes along the way (Creepers on or off?!) the player base began to dwindle. The staff began to loose interest or the stress itself drove them away. Personal circumstances plagued the remaining members till the server began creaking at its lack of attention and care. It was clear something drastic was needed. Thus was born the Hub.

Yes that mystical Hub you have all heard about was indeed finished (eventually!). There was many issues along the way which made it a rocky path and one that no one enjoyed. A poorly timed Minecraft update was the final nail in the coffin. The staff who remained on the project no longer had the enthusiasm to actually run it. The fun game had turned into chore. The remaining staff made the decision to shut Madgaming. But this was not the end.

What's next?

For a few days it seemed that Madgaming was going to shut, its resources spread to the winds and its staff scattered to the four corners of the World (or something along those lines). A new idea was then formed among a few, why not re brand? Start again? Fresh name and fresh ideas?! So for another few days preparations were made to remake our server entirely. Then a new idea began to circulate. Why not re-theme it? Perhaps PVP was no longer the direction to take. So with the full backing of the server owner, our glorious TheMadMan697 the concept of "Arkham Lockup" was born!

What is Arkham Lockup?

Arkham Lockup is a Minecraft Prison server. Prison servers are a game type where upon logging in you are trapped inside a prison. Working in various mines and farms gains you the money needed to advance to the next level of the prison. After a few levels you are free to participate in a normal PVP Minecraft environment. The Prison servers visited by the Madgaming staff were found to be lacking in both aesthetic appeal and a decent server once you escaped. Deciding to bring Madgaming's legendary build team (the same ones responsible for the Helicarrier) and its popular PVP server standards together the prison server was quickly developed.
Set on the grounds of a decaying mansion converted into a maximum security prison you will quickly feel the walls closing in as you and others mine your way to freedom and glory! For those of a particular sadistic nature you can choose to enter a second harder prison for extra bonuses once you have escaped the first! This prison has already been fully created and we are simply awaiting Bukkit to update to finalise and release it!

In conclusion

This is the end for Madgaming, it has run its course and we have enjoyed it every step of the way. It has given us all many memories (Holycraft, the Battle of Hugehill and many others!) that we will take with us regardless of destination and we all thank you for making Madgaming the success it was. We also hope to see many familiar faces on our new server which you can follow the progress of here (please allow a week or so for its forums to come online) : arkhamlockup.com

We thank you for all your support
The Madgaming Team
(Now the Arkham Lockup Team)

FAQ's

We realise that you may have some questions so have chosen to answer some common ones here:

What will happen when mc.madgaming.eu is shut down?

You will no longer be able to log in at all.

Will my items/mgc be carried over to Arkham Lockup?

No Arkham Lockup is an entirely separate server unrelated to Madgaming but just happens to be run by some of the old staff.

Will my donator rank be carried over to Arkham Lockup? Will I be refunded if no?

No Arkham Lockup is an entirely separate server unrelated to Madgaming but just happens to be run by some of the old staff. The donation money will not be refunded as per the terms and conditions.

Will my guard/staff rank be carried over?

No Arkham Lockup is an entirely separate server unrelated to Madgaming. Only a few select members of staff will be carried over but even then under different ranks.

When will Arkham Lockup be open?

Please watch the Arkham Lockup website for more details: http://arkhamlockup.com/index.html
That's a wrap.
gz

Offline hamtaro426

• Minecraft Advance
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2013, 07:41:59 PM »
Dang, a sad end to a server that has survived for years. There goes my chances for building on skylands again  :( I guess I will give the new prison server when it comes online. I have played on a few prison servers in the past and they really don't last long at all, hopefully you can make it an enjoyable prison server that a vast majority of prison server could never obtain. It will be interesting to see what features you include with it and whether you will add any minigames to it as well.

Offline Jeddity

• Minecraft junkie
  • Oy vey.
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 07:47:32 PM »
Sad to hear, had some great times on madgaming back in the day but i think you made the right choice in revamping. Will look forward to the new arkham lockup (bagsy being Black mask)

I leave you with this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TG3sbKevVc
"You're honest i'll give you that, honest and stupid"

Offline Deaththinius

• Minecraft junkie
  • Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2013, 07:55:43 PM »
Why give up?
TinBin!

Offline Syreyeth

• Minecraft Addict
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2013, 10:05:27 PM »
I have the patience for Bukkit to update.
(I've played on a Prison Server before, coming from my opinion they're very economic like.)
My dream is to have a house on the beach, even just a little shack somewhere so I can wake up, have coffee, look at dolphins, be quiet and breathe the air.

Offline djelectric

• Minecraft junkie
  • Everyone is a potato
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2013, 10:59:25 PM »
AWWW SHIT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Offline racker2008

• Minecraft junkie
  • Hellur me friend!
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2013, 11:06:00 PM »
dj will u teach me hebrew?

Offline djelectric

• Minecraft junkie
  • Everyone is a potato
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2013, 11:47:48 PM »
פרגוס מחזיק תפוח אדמה גדול כחול בשתי ידיו
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 11:50:49 PM by djelectric »

Offline racker2008

• Minecraft junkie
  • Hellur me friend!
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2013, 12:27:11 AM »
יש לי פין ענק

Offline bud35

• Minecraft junkie
  • I LOVE LICKING BIG PENIS'S IN MY BUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2013, 09:33:48 AM »
קרלו הוא הומו וכפין אינץ' אחד

anything