Author Topic: A Final Announcement  (Read 4726 times)

Offline iRuShxaSSaSSin

• Admin
  • Minecraft junkie
  • Oh Herro! Like my kinky nips?
Re: A Final Announcement
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2013, 04:32:11 PM »
Dang, a sad end to a server that has survived for years. There goes my chances for building on skylands again  :( I guess I will give the new prison server when it comes online. I have played on a few prison servers in the past and they really don't last long at all, hopefully you can make it an enjoyable prison server that a vast majority of prison server could never obtain. It will be interesting to see what features you include with it and whether you will add any minigames to it as well.
As was said in the announcement we have looked at other prison servers and identified the key features they fall down on, specifically the out of prison free world. As we have had a lot of experience with this type of world in the past we hope to create and server that has a good prison experience and a fun playable world afterwards. Also we haven't just done what most prisons do and built everything of bedrock. No Bedrock!
Why give up?
It's not that we have given up, we completed the hub fully but there is a lack of interest and motivation in the current staff to continue with such a project. All of the hub servers have been featured at some point on madgaming before and it has become stressful and more of a task then a game.

By revamping it gives the staff the opportunity to do something new that will not only be enjoyable to the players but to the staff as well. We are really enjoying working on this new project and, as  result it is being given 200% effort which will be reflected in the atmosphere in the server.
[INFO] WorldEdit: iRuShxaSSaSSin (in "build_main"): /set 0 - Region: (-3000.0, 0.0, -3000.0) - (3000.0, 100.0, 3000.0)

Offline Zetaeta

• Minecraft junkie
  • Terra Mysticat
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2013, 04:54:33 PM »

Offline TheRogueHunter

• Admin
  • Minecraft junkie
  • Number one complaint maker!
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2013, 05:01:30 PM »
I blame Jamesyb to be honest.

Offline knuckle_sandwich

• Minecraft Addict
  • elooo derrr
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2013, 05:56:27 PM »
as it's going to be a total brand new server what about the guards, mods and admins will they have anything to do with the prison server or will the staff be chosen brand new?
:)

Offline FuzzyBiscuitz

• Admin
  • Minecraft junkie
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2013, 06:11:30 PM »
The 5 current admins of madgaming will be running the new prison server and every other rank is being wiped as we will need new different ranks to run a prison server.
The new staff will be decided sometime in the near future

Offline bud35

• Minecraft junkie
  • I LOVE LICKING BIG PENIS'S IN MY BUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2013, 06:27:24 PM »
I went on a prison server to see what it's like and I found it fun, but there's one think I want to ask will you make a application so there will be guards or are you guys thinking of doing something else?

Offline FuzzyBiscuitz

• Admin
  • Minecraft junkie
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2013, 07:16:54 PM »
Regarding anything to do with ranks on the new server you will find it on the new website http://arkhamlockup.com/ when it is up and running. We will not be discussing anything like that here. This is just simply a post to let you know what is happening.

Offline Deaththinius

• Minecraft junkie
  • Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2013, 07:23:27 PM »
Well guys, it's been fun. The years just passed by like days.
Thank you for it, I'll never forget it.
I wish you guys the very best with the new server, but I doubt you'll see me (I dislike prison servers pretty much...)
Thanks again, and have fun!
TinBin!

Offline imjack

• Minecraft Star
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2013, 07:24:50 PM »

I'm sure the prison server will be a new path for all of us and I will hope to see you and new faces when it's released!

Offline alexconroy11

• Minecraft Star
  • The Killer Of Threads.
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2013, 08:13:01 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNs3nK31DKc

*Holds back a tear* It's such a shame to see it go. We all had some shits and giggles but... well... someone giggled and shit and that was the end of it.
"Even though I have this black curtain of depression with me constantly I at least attempt to see past it and hope because even with depression I still hope that I may one day feel what is believed to be happyness."
Quote from Nilremz.

Offline Maty630

• Minecraft junkie

Offline TheMadMan697

• SuperAdmin
  • Minecraft junkie
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2013, 01:42:13 AM »
-Snip-
Awesome collection of videos mat. Nice to see them all together.

Offline Jamesyb1989

• Minecraft Star
  • Trooper is evil. Pure EVIL
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2013, 05:16:53 AM »
I blame Jamesyb to be honest.

To be fair it is my fault. I agree with you Kenneth. I should be punished....Punish me Kenneth ;) ;)
I HATE TROOPER WITH A PASSION. I HOPE HE GETS AIDS

Offline TheRogueHunter

• Admin
  • Minecraft junkie
  • Number one complaint maker!
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2013, 08:33:42 AM »
I should be punished....Punish me Kenneth
Doesn't sound sexual at all James :p

Offline That1GuyWhoOwns

• Minecraft Newbie
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2013, 12:57:41 PM »
Well if I understood correctly mad gaming is down forever, no more hardcore pvp. Well we have a very nice staff, telling us about the amazing hub plan, but then just quitting. Well I hate this, I had my hopes so high and now you make a prison server?!?!? Out of all the types of servers you choose prison....well you've just lost 1 player for sure, because you wait ages to tell us about the hub project and then you quit. And the difference between madgaming and other servers is not that they got lucky and have many players, they have a committed staff team that care about the server. And I actually am sad that mad gaming is now gone because in my opinion it was the best server in minecraft.

Sincerely,

A pissed of That1GuyWhoOwns

PS: Bullshit, pvp is still the most wanted type of mine craft, the HUB project was an amazing idea, why not just add prison to the hub...look at some of the best mine craft servers, they have so many players and they only have a simple mcmmo server, so don't say pvp sucks because it kicks ass. And btw maybe getting new motivated players to become staff would help get the server up because they actually care, not saying  the current staff are bad, but they just are not motivated at all.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 01:01:54 PM by That1GuyWhoOwns »

anything