Author Topic: Yes MadGaming Will Return!  (Read 9988 times)

Offline TheMadMan697

• SuperAdmin
  • Minecraft junkie
Yes MadGaming Will Return!
« on: December 15, 2014, 12:29:04 AM »
Hey everyone, and welcome back! We are sorry for the lack of communication lately regarding the reopening of the Madgaming server. It is nice to see that so many loyal players have returned to the site over the past few months hoping to see the return of Madgaming without us raising any awareness of the fact that we had decided to rebuild the server. The reason we were keeping everything quite was that we knew we had limited time to contribute to making the server and we didn't want to disappoint anyone by setting release dates that we could potentially end up missing.

So yes, MadGaming will be returning, and very soon. Yes, we are bringing back the old, famous and popular boat spawn that we have come to love and connect to the good times of the Madgaming server. However we have been busy working on re-building that original boat spawn into a new spawn and although new spawn is similar it is totally rebuilt with extra little details everywhere. This, we felt, was a necessary change as, if we were to just use the old boat spawn, it would have caused more issues then we could have ever expected as a result of it being built in an update so long ago. Also we felt that the players of Madgaming deserved better then some shoddy rehash of an old server, we felt that you deserved something new to explore and fall in love with all over again!

We will be, most likely, running some form of beta test on the server shortly. In doing this we hope to discover and sort out all the bugs as well as finishing up tweaking some of the finer details of the server and the gameplay before the official release. We will definitely be opening up the server in the next 1 to 2 weeks and so we look forward to seeing you all there and we hope you are all as excited as we are! Keep an eye on the forums for any updates and also don't forget to tell your friends, both old and new players of Madgaming that it is making a return!

In the meantime here is a few pictures of the spawn rebuilding process for you to enjoy and which should offer you a sneak peak of what is to come! This is just a small snippet of the work that was put into the re-creation of the spawn so that we could have it just how we wanted it.

View Album on Imgur

Please feel free to post any questions below and all feedback is welcome! We will try to answer as many of your questions as possible as soon as possible but please be patient as we do still have limited time and we will be focusing on spending that time on getting the server up and running for you guys!

Once again welcome back and thank you for all of your support now and through the previous years of Madgaming!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 01:14:59 AM by TheMadMan697 »

Offline sveahund1

• Minecraft Addict
  • Stay in school, Kids!
Re: Yes MadGaming Will Return!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 09:38:29 AM »
Awesome! I'm so pumped!  ;D The only reason that i will begin to play minecraft again, is cause this server!  8)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 09:40:48 AM by sveahund1 »

Offline Deaththinius

• Minecraft junkie
  • Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 01:04:45 PM »
Eyy man! Can't wait!
Can we help in any way?
TinBin!

Offline diskursen

• Minecraft junkie
  • Israel <3
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 01:18:02 PM »
Finally!

Currently aproximately 20 people on my school, all in the ninth grade plays on a faction server together. As soon as Madgaming launches we will create Persia again :D <3333

Just have TNT and everyone will be happy <3
She wants to taste my sugarcane

Offline Swiftly

• Minecraft junkie
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 03:31:00 PM »
The new spawn is looking super cool, good job to whoever participated building it and came up with the new changes.

Looking forward to begin playing on madgaming once again  :-*
TriHard Cx

Offline diskursen

• Minecraft junkie
  • Israel <3
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 03:45:04 PM »
Couple of questions that the majority of my friends are concerned about.

Will there be TNT? ( Thats what they want )

How many slots will there be?

Will creepers be on?

Will Withers be disabled?

For the love of god, disable withers. Destroyed madgaming for me last time. One huge fucking faction has a wither and raids everyone on the night.

Dont make it unbalanced.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 04:47:29 PM by diskursen »

Offline spiffingwaffle

• Minecraft Star
  • Aimee pls i luv u :(
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 04:52:04 PM »
For the love of god, disable withers. Destroyed madgaming for me last time. One huge fucking faction has a wither and raids everyone on the night.

Dont make it unbalanced.

I also do not approve of hardworking players being rewarded, I have made a list of suggestions to make the server more friendly for the more casual players such as myself :) :) :)

- Disable the crafting of diamond tools, weapons and equipment. As a mother of three I find it difficult to find the time to collect any kind of tools for crafting, let alone diamond, this is an unnecessary act of decadence that gives others an unfair edge on me. :)
-Remove PvP and PvE in the 'War Zone' and rename it to 'The Cuddle Corner'. As a pacifist, any kind of violence causes one of my 'triggers' and sets me into a deeply traumatic state. And as a vegan I STRONGLY disapprove of any violence towards animals, especially cows as I Identify myself as 'Cattlekin' (Which is why I only eat imported rice from North Korea :) )
-Please increase the hunger restored by Potatoes. The lack of hunger restored by potatoes is clearly a disgusting joke being played upon us Irish by the cruel English server owners over an event in our history. (Which I shall have the tact not to mention!) Many of my ancestors died in the great famine and I take great offence that the English take pride in the matter. So please mr admin sir, FIX THIS  >:(
-Make 'raiding' punishable by a permanent ban. I recall an incident in the summer of 2012 when I was gardening with my daughter Alexa  when we were set upon  by a group of heartless marauding English, this was a deeply traumatic experience for Alexa who then developed PTSD which then spread to me. I am sick of seeing people trivialise  such a devastating illness, so please help to prevent this.

Thank you for your consideration :):):):):)

Offline diskursen

• Minecraft junkie
  • Israel <3
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2014, 05:05:28 PM »

Dont make it unbalanced.

I also do not approve of hardworking players being rewarded, I have made a list of suggestions to make the server more friendly for the more casual players such as myself :) :) :)

- Disable the crafting of diamond tools, weapons and equipment. As a mother of three I find it difficult to find the time to collect any kind of tools for crafting, let alone diamond, this is an unnecessary act of decadence that gives others an unfair edge on me. :)
-Remove PvP and PvE in the 'War Zone' and rename it to 'The Cuddle Corner'. As a pacifist, any kind of violence causes one of my 'triggers' and sets me into a deeply traumatic state. And as a vegan I STRONGLY disapprove of any violence towards animals, especially cows as I Identify myself as 'Cattlekin' (Which is why I only eat imported rice from North Korea :) )
-Please increase the hunger restored by Potatoes. The lack of hunger restored by potatoes is clearly a disgusting joke being played upon us Irish by the cruel English server owners over an event in our history. (Which I shall have the tact not to mention!) Many of my ancestors died in the great famine and I take great offence that the English take pride in the matter. So please mr admin sir, FIX THIS  >:(
-Make 'raiding' punishable by a permanent ban. I recall an incident in the summer of 2012 when I was gardening with my daughter Alexa  when we were set upon  by a group of heartless marauding English, this was a deeply traumatic experience for Alexa who then developed PTSD which then spread to me. I am sick of seeing people trivialise  such a devastating illness, so please help to prevent this.

I was giving a tips to not have withers enable, it would be the best thing for the server.

I assume you want Withers, so I can tell you already, prepare to get raided when your not online. Happend Persia while we had 28 members 3 times, all 3 times by Berzerkeres, all 3 times while none was online.

Another tips

Have and END portal at spawn :D

Offline iCreepz

• Minecraft Star
  • Hello there!
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2014, 06:17:08 PM »
Alright! WOO! There we go people. Hopefully we all will have a wonderful time here.
iCreepz

Offline spiffingwaffle

• Minecraft Star
  • Aimee pls i luv u :(
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2014, 06:26:55 PM »
I was giving a tips to not have withers enable, it would be the best thing for the server.

I assume you want Withers, so I can tell you already, prepare to get raided when your not online. Happend Persia while we had 28 members 3 times, all 3 times by Berzerkeres, all 3 times while none was online.

I completely agree, I further suggest the server should only be active between the hours of 2 and 4 PM (GMT) to reduce  the risk of offline raiding. Back in the summer of 2012 I was asleep in bed with my Daughter Epiphany and when we awoke we found  we had been 'withered' and poor Epiphany's macaroni drawing of her late father had been taken by the filthy english swine.

Offline Jeddity

• Minecraft junkie
  • Oy vey.
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2014, 06:38:08 PM »

U wot m8? we never offline raided with withers, sweaty tactic.
I've always been a big advocate of removing them unlike spiff who is literally autistic to the point that he snapchats me footpics ;)
"You're honest i'll give you that, honest and stupid"

Offline diskursen

• Minecraft junkie
  • Israel <3
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2014, 08:23:43 PM »

U wot m8? we never offline raided with withers, sweaty tactic.
I've always been a big advocate of removing them unlike spiff who is literally autistic to the point that he snapchats me footpics ;)

Atleast you didnt raid us on day time. Im not sure if you were in Berzerkers at that moment, correct me if im wrong zxBen was Admin for the faction at that moment.

What ever man, withers are stupid.

by the way,

Will there be a Team Speak server?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 08:25:37 PM by diskursen »

Offline TheMadMan697

• SuperAdmin
  • Minecraft junkie
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2014, 09:18:19 PM »
Couple of questions that the majority of my friends are concerned about.

Will there be TNT? ( Thats what they want )

How many slots will there be?

Will creepers be on?

Will Withers be disabled?

Dont make it unbalanced.

TNT will be disabled
We can decide slots depending on demand. We will probably start at 30 or 40.
Creepers will be disabled.
Withers will be disabled

Will there be a Team Speak server?

Yes teamspeak has always been there. You can join using the IP ts.madgaming.eu and the default port which is 9987.

Offline sveahund1

• Minecraft Addict
  • Stay in school, Kids!
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2014, 09:31:13 PM »
So will all creepers be disabled, or is it just the creeper eggs that will be disabled? I'm just wondering cause i don't think it's possible to raid/break in to somebody without these "explosive" things.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 09:33:13 PM by sveahund1 »

Offline imjack

• Minecraft Star
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2014, 09:35:30 PM »
So will all creepers be disabled, or is it just the creeper eggs that will be disabled? I'm just wondering cause i don't think it's possible to raid/break in to somebody without these "explosive" things.
You can raid people by killing and claiming them.

anything
anything