Author Topic: Changes to the server!  (Read 5170 times)

Offline iRuShxaSSaSSin

• Admin
  • Minecraft junkie
  • Oh Herro! Like my kinky nips?
Re: Changes to the server!
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2015, 12:20:13 AM »
highly suggest you to add atleast one of the 3 suggestions. 2 homes (for vaults, raiding etc) . obsidian can be destroyed with tnt, wither enabled or obsidian removed. /tpa command

I'm pretty sure imjack is adding the ability to break obsidian with tnt, however i don't know what he intends to do about /home or /tpa as of yet.

Personally, I think you should try opening a server with all the new blocks etc, but dont have ANY potions, or ANY enchantment/god apples etc....

I think this would take it back to the much fun version of Minecraft whereby it was more of a skill game.

Not to mention, if you did do this it would be apart of a very niche market as I don't know any over server that does this. You would bring back ALOT of the old players who much prefer this plus a whole bunch of new players who have been looking for this type of server for a while.

However if you was to do it you should do alot of promotion for it before hand to build it up like you did when you re-released madgaming the beginning of this year.

But that's what I think, it's your server at the end of the day.
-Freddo

I don't think this is going to happen, as you said it is a very niche market and it is just to difficult to build up a player base on a server like this.
[INFO] WorldEdit: iRuShxaSSaSSin (in "build_main"): /set 0 - Region: (-3000.0, 0.0, -3000.0) - (3000.0, 100.0, 3000.0)

Offline silveg

• Minecraft junkie
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2015, 01:17:43 PM »
I agree with the /tpa command there is nothing more annoying that having to run 1500 blocks to get to a raid and then wait for all of your friends to arrive, also when you find a way into a base its hard to describe to people on chat.

Offline aquaflyer

• Minecraft junkie
  • Partypooper
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2015, 04:50:44 PM »
Well tpa could be left out. Just think about the massive railroad ways we would have to build. That could add a touch to the server that lets it seem like a normal survival server.

Offline imjack

• Minecraft Star
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2015, 05:12:07 PM »
highly suggest you to add atleast one of the 3 suggestions. 2 homes (for vaults, raiding etc) . obsidian can be destroyed with tnt, wither enabled or obsidian removed. /tpa command
Homes i'm not to sure on. Obsidian breaker will be on however withers are fairly OP plus there are hybrid cannon to blow into walls that are covered in water. I personally like /tpa amd i don't see much reasoning against it.
Without a tpa command,

good luck to get people to join.
Nice reasoning.
Personally, I think you should try opening a server with all the new blocks etc, but dont have ANY potions, or ANY enchantment/god apples etc....

I think this would take it back to the much fun version of Minecraft whereby it was more of a skill game.

Not to mention, if you did do this it would be apart of a very niche market as I don't know any over server that does this. You would bring back ALOT of the old players who much prefer this plus a whole bunch of new players who have been looking for this type of server for a while.

However if you was to do it you should do alot of promotion for it before hand to build it up like you did when you re-released madgaming the beginning of this year.

-Freddo
We tried this before and it didn't seem like the players liked it. While yes I enjoyed it to an extent new players won't understand the reasoning why we removed enchants and potions etc.
Well tpa could be left out. Just think about the massive railroad ways we would have to build. That could add a touch to the server that lets it seem like a normal survival server.
I think they were on about the pvp server not survival.

Also what would you guys like to see as voting rewards for the faction map. I have a few ideas in mind but i'd like to hear yours.

Offline diskursen

• Minecraft junkie
  • Israel <3
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2015, 05:36:11 PM »
You cant make changes of the server by the reason that ''the old players want it'''

Improvments should be done what already is popular. Not enabling a tpa command or /Sethome would litteraly just make people leave the server just after rejoin.

Withers and no enchantments is the most stupid idea ive seen so far.
She wants to taste my sugarcane

Offline Bobopol

• Minecraft Addict
  • <Keny's voice> Peatar!
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2015, 07:55:19 PM »
You cant make changes of the server by the reason that ''the old players want it'''

Improvments should be done what already is popular. Not enabling a tpa command or /Sethome would litteraly just make people leave the server just after rejoin.

Why do you bother posting here?
I would like to make a counter complaint. Ragequits utter lack of intelligence and low IQ insults me on a personal level to the point I consider it harassment.   -Troopermatthew 5/6/13

Offline diskursen

• Minecraft junkie
  • Israel <3
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2015, 09:41:30 PM »

because I fucked your mom?

Offline TheRogueHunter

• Admin
  • Minecraft junkie
  • Number one complaint maker!
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2015, 10:25:32 PM »

Way to prove us all wrong about you, g'man!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 02:29:01 AM by TheRogueHunter »

Offline Iopia

• Minecraft junkie
  • Better than pie!
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2015, 11:41:17 PM »

I just spit out my drink.

Offline silveg

• Minecraft junkie
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2015, 09:43:17 AM »
Homes i'm not to sure on. Obsidian breaker will be on however withers are fairly OP plus there are hybrid cannon to blow into walls that are covered in water. I personally like /tpa amd i don't see much reasoning against it.
Without a tpa command,

Nice reasoning.

-Freddo
We tried this before and it didn't seem like the players liked it. While yes I enjoyed it to an extent new players won't understand the reasoning why we removed enchants and potions etc.

Also what would you guys like to see as voting rewards for the faction map. I have a few ideas in mind but i'd like to hear yours.

As its a faction map I would say add a unique block so for instance a dragon egg or something, allow people to trade this for enchantments such as Protection IV Unbreaking 3 and even spawner's. If its a hardcore PVP server then all people will be bothered about is gear and killing so you want to encourage PVP as much as possible, by doing this it saves people farming and they wont be as much bothered about loosing gear as they can just vote the next day and get more enchantments. Only a suggestion I'm sure there will be other things people would like.

Offline aquaflyer

• Minecraft junkie
  • Partypooper
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2015, 05:08:57 PM »
Without a tpa command,

Nice reasoning.

-Freddo

As its a faction map I would say add a unique block so for instance a dragon egg or something, allow people to trade this for enchantments such as Protection IV Unbreaking 3 and even spawner's. If its a hardcore PVP server then all people will be bothered about is gear and killing so you want to encourage PVP as much as possible, by doing this it saves people farming and they wont be as much bothered about loosing gear as they can just vote the next day and get more enchantments. Only a suggestion I'm sure there will be other things people would like.

I agree with you, the only way to pvp is to have gear and getting gear is the most annoying part and takes time, best would be if we could shorten that process

Offline Bobopol

• Minecraft Addict
  • <Keny's voice> Peatar!
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2015, 01:33:51 PM »

This sounds really good.
I would like to make a counter complaint. Ragequits utter lack of intelligence and low IQ insults me on a personal level to the point I consider it harassment.   -Troopermatthew 5/6/13

Offline KillerDude2311

• Minecraft Advance
  • THIS IS KILLERDUDE2311. ASIAN PEOPLE.
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2015, 02:44:14 AM »
me and my squad be there  :-X :-X :-X

WAH
click me

Offline Eliteguard

• Minecraft Advance
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2015, 03:00:18 PM »

Offline diskursen

• Minecraft junkie
  • Israel <3
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2015, 10:51:20 PM »
How long could it possible take to set up a survival server? jesus.

anything