Author Topic: Changes to the server!  (Read 5425 times)

Offline iRuShxaSSaSSin

• Admin
  • Minecraft junkie
  • Oh Herro! Like my kinky nips?
Changes to the server!
« on: January 27, 2015, 10:46:12 PM »
As we all know the server has dropped substantially in players since it's open and there has been a lot of discussion in both the public forums and the staff forums as to what we can do about this. It is nice to see that despite the drop in player count there is still a lot of you who want to help Madgaming grow again.

Recently we had a staff meeting to discuss what should be done about the drop in players. In this meeting we first discussed what we thought the cause of the drop could have been and where would we like to see the server go. We came to the conclusion that the server we have currently is not designed correctly to meet the desires of the players we invited back. Essentially we invited back our old players, most of whom enjoy pvp and raiding, and yet we gave them a more survival based server, this was a mistake.

To deal with this we have decided to bring back raiding and pvp to madgaming. It is going to once again be a raiding server where you are free to kill and destroy anything you can get your blocky hands on. While the gameplay of this server is still be decided I can tell you that it is planned to activate TnT and creepers while keeping withers off.

Now while we hope this pleases most of the old and new players we don't want to forget about the players that prefer the just play the game and are in search of a good community in which they can make friends and with whom they can build and play survival mc almost like their own private server. To accommodate these players we will be having a second server.

This second server will be very different to the main server in almost every way, from gameplay, map and shops to the fact that it is whitelisted. Yes this will be a greylisted server. It's main aim will be to build up a community that is friendly and enjoys playing minecraft for the way the game is.

Because the servers are so different in every way they will have two different sections on the forums and two different sets of staff. The only cross over of staff will be at admin level but even at that imjack will be the one controlling gameplay on the pvp server while I will be mainly running the survival server. We felt it is best for the server to allow one person to make the final decisions as in the past having multiple voices has caused issues. That isn't to say either admin won't be taking advice and suggestions however as they will from both staff and players alike.

More info regarding each server will be released in their respective forum sections which are now open to you all. Any suggestions for those servers we recommend be put into the correct sections to avoid it becoming lost or forgotten. Feel free to still reply to this topic however as we would love to hear your opinions on this change and any questions you may have on what we plan to do.

Thanks again for all your continued support as a playerbase and we hope you support us in this as well!
[INFO] WorldEdit: iRuShxaSSaSSin (in "build_main"): /set 0 - Region: (-3000.0, 0.0, -3000.0) - (3000.0, 100.0, 3000.0)

Offline hatchyb

• Minecraft junkie
Re: Changes to the server!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 11:51:27 PM »
Bit of a coincidence how every time we get banned the server goes to shit

Offline Jabboar

• Minecraft Star
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 11:53:35 PM »
lol

Offline hatchyb

• Minecraft junkie
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 11:54:11 PM »
White listing will really build up the amount of Players

Offline Jabboar

• Minecraft Star
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 12:01:13 AM »
It's not whitelisting, it's greylisting, SO MANY MORE PLAYERS

Offline imjack

• Minecraft Star
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2015, 12:08:27 AM »
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 12:20:50 AM by imjack »

Offline diskursen

• Minecraft junkie
  • Israel <3
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2015, 08:07:36 AM »
Exactly what I said before the launch of the server.

Anyways, good job.
She wants to taste my sugarcane

Offline silveg

• Minecraft junkie
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 10:29:22 PM »
Will the whitelisted server have some sort of plugin to allow us to make a faction or town of some sort? Or will it be a free build server were we can protect the builds?

Offline iRuShxaSSaSSin

• Admin
  • Minecraft junkie
  • Oh Herro! Like my kinky nips?
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2015, 11:10:10 PM »
it will have factions
[INFO] WorldEdit: iRuShxaSSaSSin (in "build_main"): /set 0 - Region: (-3000.0, 0.0, -3000.0) - (3000.0, 100.0, 3000.0)

Offline Iopia

• Minecraft junkie
  • Better than pie!
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2015, 04:34:00 PM »
Sounds cool, but what's the reasoning behind a whitelist? Just wondering.

Offline Jeddity

• Minecraft junkie
  • Oy vey.
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2015, 04:49:49 PM »

Demonstrated by two upstanding members of the community above, the whitelist is to enforce a nicer playing environment on the survival server. Andy and I both agreed during the meeting that a whitelist/greylist would help cut down on the incesseant bickering and overall toxic player to player interaction. The survival server almost seems like the old build server but with more of a survival focus.
"You're honest i'll give you that, honest and stupid"

Offline Iopia

• Minecraft junkie
  • Better than pie!
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2015, 05:31:02 PM »

Demonstrated by two upstanding members of the community above, the whitelist is to enforce a nicer playing environment on the survival server. Andy and I both agreed during the meeting that a whitelist/greylist would help cut down on the incesseant bickering and overall toxic player to player interaction. The survival server almost seems like the old build server but with more of a survival focus.

Sounds good! I assume it will be almost treated like a separate server in terms of promotion etc. so it'll be interesting to see how this pans out.

Offline PzychO_o

• Minecraft Advance
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2015, 03:11:06 PM »
highly suggest you to add atleast one of the 3 suggestions. 2 homes (for vaults, raiding etc) . obsidian can be destroyed with tnt, wither enabled or obsidian removed. /tpa command

Offline diskursen

• Minecraft junkie
  • Israel <3
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2015, 09:14:57 PM »
Without a tpa command,

good luck to get people to join.
She wants to taste my sugarcane

Offline FreddoChocoFrog

• Minecraft Newbie
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2015, 10:58:42 PM »
Personally, I think you should try opening a server with all the new blocks etc, but dont have ANY potions, or ANY enchantment/god apples etc....

I think this would take it back to the much fun version of Minecraft whereby it was more of a skill game.

Not to mention, if you did do this it would be apart of a very niche market as I don't know any over server that does this. You would bring back ALOT of the old players who much prefer this plus a whole bunch of new players who have been looking for this type of server for a while.

However if you was to do it you should do alot of promotion for it before hand to build it up like you did when you re-released madgaming the beginning of this year.

But that's what I think, it's your server at the end of the day.
-Freddo

anything